May 14 SB (and friends) Dinner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bring your whole group! Anyway, I guess we could boil it down to a few choices now:

Reprinted (hopefully with permission) from Christi's Restaurant List.

(expensive) La Cocay – A true culinary delight in a warm elegant setting. Calle 8 between Av. 10 & Av. 15. Napa Salad, Pork Tenderloin, Pepper Crusted Sashimi Tuna, and Filet Mignon, Calamari rings sautéed in basil and garlic, Duck spring rolls with tropical corn, tomato, and mango salsa, Garlic Shrimp Tapas, Tequila Sautéed Shrimp with Roasted Nopal and chile de arbol, Plantain Crusted Fish with Honey Glaze and Cilantro Rice and lightly steamed veggies. Hungry yet???

Especias – (my personal favorite) Calle 3 between Av. 5 & Av. 10. Open Monday through Saturday for dinner only. Adrian is one of the best hosts on the island. This is a fusion of Mexican/Argentenian and exotic flavors. My favorites are the cilantro fish or chicken, or Shrimp Zambal.

La Mission ON 30th!! – NOT to be mistaken with La Mission downtown or Casa Mission – located on Av. 30 between Calle 2 and Calle 4, just north of the Super San Francisco grocery store. Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. True local and traditional Mexican food at a budget everyone can afford! My favorite is the Mexican combo plate!

El Moro – back in the hood…just tell the taxi driver the name of the restaurant Open for lunch and dinner, closed on Thursdays. Traditional and local Mexican food with a great seafood selection. Consommé de Moro, shrimp on a wire, and Mole Enchiladas are my favorites. Try the fried bananas as a desert or appetizer.

Especias is not open on Sundays (the 13th)...I would opt for El Moro...

Nobody?

I was going to sit back at let ya'll decide but it doesn't look like we're getting the kind of feedback we were looking for. Since Especias will be closed on Sunday, I'll vote for La Mission. I'd do El Moro also. I'm not interested in having an expensive meal.... not my thing at home either so that rules out La Cocay... for me anyway.

As far as not getting very good response from other people interested, perhaps we should create a new post and title it "Free Food in Cozumel on Mother's Day (5/13)!" then in the body say just joking and explain the situation. Or we can PM people. Or it could just be us. Rich, Otter and H2ODoc all expressed interest but haven't helped with the logistics.... Any input guys?

oh sure leave me out.

no really go eat on the 13th so Otter can make it. Then on a another day we can all get together again.

sound good?

I like El Moro and La Mission, but would like to try something new.....still haven't made contact with the others. :(

firedogut:
oh sure leave me out.

no really go eat on the 13th so Otter can make it. Then on a another day we can all get together again.

sound good?

I'm all for meeting up more than once. If we don't figure it out before I get there, I will still get email while there; just let me know where/when to meet!

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

firedogut:
oh sure leave me out.

sound good?
Sorry, forgot you were in on the original subject of having dinner in the May SB'ers thread before this one got started.
Otter:
I like El Moro and La Mission, but would like to try something new.....still haven't made contact with the others.

Do you wan't to suggest something else?

It looks like the majority here is for the 13th... agree?

We should probably decide something before Rich departs on the 8th. Unlike Lisa and perhaps some of you others, I make it a priority to avoid all computers and other electronic devices while on vacation. What I'm trying to say it that we can't assume everyone will have/want access to the net so we should decided before the 8th.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom