May 14 SB (and friends) Dinner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been hanging back because neither the 13th or the 14th works well for me. I have family joining me down there and the 13th is their first evening on the island, so I can't very well desert them and they don't dive. The 14th we are fishing and I'm not sure what time I'll be ready to go to dinner.

I'll keep checking, and if you get a plan together before I leave (Saturday), maybe I'll be able to drop by wherever you guys are and say hi, or maybe I'll drag my family along, but I can't be sure what I will be doing. Please don't base any plan on me, but I'll try to connect with you guys. I'll also be checking the SB from time to time while I'm down there, but it won't be nearly as often as I do when it's so easy; I won't have a laptop with me, so it will be from the Calling Station or somewhere like it.

Other than that, look for the old fart festooned with green survey tape and wearing a beat up canvas hat that used to be white; that will probably be me. ;^)

Well... everyone has had about a week to mull it over. Any other suggestions? I hate being the one to make executive decisions but I will, I swear, I'll do it, I'm crazy! :bounce:

Well? :sleeping:

Neal, Lisa, Rich, Otter, H2O Doc??? Is anyone here? Let nail this thing down.

I'm here... busy week. I leave Thursday morning. Look, we could always meet somewhere for drinks, and then decide where to go for dinner from there, if anywhere. So, if you don't want to decide youdon't really have to. It doesn't have to be a big to-do. Just a place to meet up and hang out for a bit :)

driftin' by:
Well? :sleeping:

Neal, Lisa, Rich, Otter, H2O Doc??? Is anyone here? Let nail this thing down.

Sorry! I haven't watched this thread.

All I can say is that we are a definite "maybe". We have friends that will be in Coz the same time and I don't know what they've planned yet.

Can I play it by ear? Do most places require reservations? If so, it's safer to count us out. If not, then we'll try to make it if we can.

H2ODoc:
Can I play it by ear?
Definitely
H2ODoc:
Do most places require reservations?
No
Lisa0825:
we could always meet somewhere for drinks
That's great but where? That's the problem, no one has decided where to eat. How we gonna decide where to meet for drinks? Personally, we're going to have a toddler with us so I'd rather just setup camp some place and not go from one place to another possibly taking another cab to get there.
Lisa0825:
It doesn't have to be a big to-do.
I couldn't agree more, If we can just decide on a place and time and if you can make it, great if not, no big deal.

Sorry if I'm making a big to do out this.... Besides taking my dog to a boarding facility on Friday it's the last thing I have to mark of my list of TODO's for the trip.

So here is what we have...
Neal - El Moro
Josh - El Moro, La Mission
Lisa- La Cocay, Especias
Otter- La Cocay, Especias
Rich- Doesn't matter
H2O Doc- Doesn't matter
ggunn- Doesn't matter

It looks like we're split. Since Especias is closed on Sundays Lisa and Otter's vote defaults to La Cocay. I'm the only one down with La Mission so that's out but Neal and I like El Moro. With that, I'm going to suggest El Moro. Since the rest of you will be able to hook up other nights, perhaps ya'll want to do La Cocay?

So, El Moro on 5/13 at 6:00 PM. Does that sound good?

Geez, let's just go wherever. I'll be there every night from the 11th-19th. I'll check SB when I am on line. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I will be in Casa Mex. I eat every night, so, I'll go wherever!

Num1Pirate will be arriving 11May Departing 18May @ Hotel Cozumel Resort I will try to make it if you post location. Otherwise just late at Carlos and Charlies after the Cruise shippers leave.

Okay guys... I'm leaving in 25 hours and 20 minutes and leaving all technology behind.... including internet access. If nobody is down with my suggestion in my last post, that's cool... My wife, daughter and I will go it alone. Otherwise, suggest something else and we'll try to hook up with you guys.

Ya'll have a safe and fun trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom