May 1st... among the concrete blocks....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB ScubaTroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
We'll be diving Alhambra into the artificial reef/among the concrete blocks...

I am inviting all would like to learn this area to join in. The artificial reef has become famous and has also become home to a number of sealife enhabitants that might impress the "reef savy" around those concrete blocks... one who waits long enough might have a flock of fish around them while gathering shark teeth..

Let me know if you are interested... So far, I have a number of pulled pork sandwiches ready for a May 1st dive!

:cool2:

We'll be diving Alhambra into the artificial reef/among the concrete blocks...

I am inviting all would like to learn this area to join in. The artificial reef has become famous and has also become home to a number of sealife enhabitants that might impress the "reef savy" around those concrete blocks... one who waits long enough might have a flock of fish around them while gathering shark teeth..

Let me know if you are interested... So far, I have a number of pulled pork sandwiches ready for a May 1st dive!

:cool2:

Your famous pulled pork?

I just dove there yesterday.. Bumped into the blocks shark tooh hunting spent some time exploring them pretty cool.

Wish I had seen it earlier and that it was tom. Did a recovery search dive in a lake today before looking at a house.

I just dove there yesterday.. Bumped into the blocks shark tooh hunting spent some time exploring them pretty cool.
I've found hundreds (maybe thousands) of teeth among those blocks, and a couple nice megs :wink:

Sometimes, I lay still on the bottom and just observe. after a short period you have schools of grunts circling you. It's just strange. I've seen everything from crabs, eels, seahorses, a batfish and even a guitarfish inside the reef (I think the guitarfish was playing Great White Buffalo :cool2:)

Hope it was recovery of an object...

Yeah. A local who consistently donates things to the dept lost a set of sunglasses off a jet ski 10 feet off his dock.long story short, the Chief asked if I could take a look, and I ended up finding them about 15 feet from where he said he thought they went in, in about 10 feet of lake water in zero vis. The best part about it and I didnt know until later, was that the glasses were a gift to his son for xmas (very expensive glasses) from his mom, who died 3 weeks ago yesterday from cancer. They had a lot of sentimentel value in them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom