Maya Ha Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the morning laugh guys - nitrogenaddict I completely sympathise, no-one understands how hard it is to get things here or get things done and I'm only 30 mins from Cancun! And the small town politics...and the expats going loopy, the stories we could share one day. A fellow here just returned from Maya Ha singing its praises. Good luck and nitrogen, you are not alone

Wes Boughton seems to have prevailed. Best to skip any attempt at reservations until the dust has settled.

Quite sad.

DocVikingo

What about Marina Mike's, in Xcalak? Last I heard it was on the block. At times in the past this info has been available at xcalak.com. There was also a website by a "Bill in Tulsa" at one time, which seemed to be up on the details of Mike's place.

Best as I know, Marina Mike's is still fully operational.

Regards.

DocVikingo

I have no advice to offer... except to say that I have a sense of urgency to visit and dive this area before... too many of tourists' complaints are addressed, and before a ScubaBoard search for 'chinchorro' turns up more than 4 hits...

Happy diving, nitrogenaddict !

:06: Now that we all have had the opportunity to voice our issues, what about a recommendation???

I am very interested in diving the Caverns ("cenotes") and Chinchrro, as well as the many other beautiful locations that are offered by Mother Nature in that part of the world. But after all of the negative posts regarding the battle for World Supremacy (or at least Yucatan Supremacy) where do I stay??? I will be traveling alone over the last week in December of 2004 and I could really use some help. I'm not looking for the Ritz, nor am I looking for the Pitz.

Also looking for an op that supplies Nitrox ( I hear a lot do not)….

When was the last time you stayed here? It's appears to be nice.

I see posts from many years ago. Anybody been there recently staying at Maya Ha, or any other resorts in the Mahahual area? Looking for advice on where to stay, how the diving is on the Chinchoro Banks? Is it really as great as it's supposed to be, or just ok? Considering bringing a group of 20 divers and would like them to have an awesome experience.

I don't hang about in Majaual but I do spend time in Ixcalak. You might look into that location. Costa de Cocos is a nice laid back beach hotel and the dive shop next door xtc dive center has permits for Chinchorro. As to how the diving is thats a matter of personal opinion. Been there 5 times over the years. Its rather controlled now as to what parts you dive etc. It was fun when you could do :expedition' type trips and camp out for a few days. Now I believe all the diving is day trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom