Mdx D300 buttons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems the camera must be misaligned, with the upper-left corner (seen from behind, where these buttons are located) leaned slightly forward. Sometimes this is commonly caused by trying to house the camera with the viewfinder eyepiece (the rubber protection of the viewfinder that has to be removed prior to putting the camera inside the housing).

This is very rare with the new MDX Housings, and it can come out of some reasons, in the order of highest probability to the lowest:

- Most commonly a slight twist when you place your camera on the housing "shoe", that can happen because you really need to fit the AF Mode switch and this can cause this "twist".
- A misalignment on the camera adaptor and its base, which can be corrected with some paper, tape or (rarely) sanding;
- Misalignment of the base itself, which can also be corrected with paper and tape on the fixing screws sometimes;
- Bad button adjustments, which can also be corrected with button shaft replacement (changing the button shaft for a longer one cut to the required length), or adding some "extension" to your shafts with plastic pieces and super-glue.

This has happened to me twice, the first time I had not fully engaged the shoe lock, and the second I had not checked that the focus gear was fully engaged and it must have been enough to stop the control reaching the review button.

Treb

Please be sure to remove the full viewfinder eyecup and the LCD plastic cover. These two items are the most commonly missed and cause the rear housing back to not fit properly thus causing certain buttons to not engage.
As Mariozi stated, this is not common at all in an MDX housing so please check out the above recommendations.

Please be sure to remove the full viewfinder eyecup and the LCD plastic cover. These two items are the most commonly missed and cause the rear housing back to not fit properly thus causing certain buttons to not engage.
As Mariozi stated, this is not common at all in an MDX housing so please check out the above recommendations.
The LCD cover could be the issue. I don't recall seeing that in the instructions so I left it on.
Thanks everyone.

There is an paper instruction insert provided from the factory inside the housing that outlines the removal of the eyecup and LCd cover. Hopefully that will alleviate your issues.

Ok I'm back from the road trip and tried again.
the eyecup and LCD cover removed. had the same issue. but if I unlock the camera, and slightly shift the left side rearward then relock the camera all buttons work. I guess I'll have to watch for this each time I load the camera.

I have the same problem consistently with a new MDX-D300.
It's not camera position on the mount. For the time being, I've
used a paper punch to punch out some shims from some foam
tape, and stuck those on the buttons.

There may be a better fix coming, watch this space.

I've forgotten about this thread. Here's an update.
I took the camera and housing to Dolphin and told Mike what was going on. He took it back to his desk and asked me to wait, when he returned he asked me to try it, guess what? every button worked. The solution. he placed a strip of tape on the camera mounting tray to shim it.
The tape sits between the camera body and the tray moving it backward.
I think another piece will be in order, but I've learned to test it first, then tweak it if needed.

Back
Top Bottom