Media Luna Resort, Aqua Adventures, Morat Wall, Pigeon Cay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This trip to Roatan stood out as one of the best yet. I took tons of pictures and shot tons of video during our 9 night stay at Media Luna Resort & Spa, but the last day before we flew home was one of those "pinch me" days that only happen when a series of perfect circumstances come together. I would love to thank Mirta Marozzi and Gary McLaughlin for making this great day happen. Gary dropped us right on top of Morat Wall...a pristine dive site that very few have the opportunity to dive. The isolation and privacy was evident in the quality of the reef formations we observed. It was SPECTACULAR!

As if that wasn't enough to make our day, Gary took us over to Pigeon Cay, a remote little "Gilligan's Island" beyond Morat Wall and grilled up a mouth-watering lunch of fresh lobster, marinated steak and chicken...with all the trimmings! Does life get any better than this?

*NOTE: You're gonna want to watch this full screen...

And...more drone footage from the resort and dive shop:
(Again - full screen is best!)

I like media Luna but always bring wine the house wine is terrible.

Morat wall coral life looks excellent, fresh and vibrant, but not to be a debbie downer on the beauty of the reef, but watching the video it was strikingly glaring to me that there is just a lack of fish. Started going to roatan about 15 years ago but my trips have been less and less frequent and it's because every time we go it seems the fish are fewer and fewer, your video looks like evidence they are even fewer now to the point of being almost totally missing.

There's an easy solution for that problem. Skip the free wine provided to you at dinner and go into the wine bar and purchase what you want.

Thanks for the report. Wife wants to go there. Have been to henry morgan and fantacy island before, loved the diving at f.i.. I heard that fantesy island dive crew is at media luna now. Anybody know if that is true, wife liked them alot. Thanks.

A few of the staff members from Fantasy Island are now.at Media Luna - both dive staff and resort staff.. I would recommend them highly! Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

I am now booking trips to Media Luna.and would be happy to help with your arrangements if you would like.

www.aquadivetravel.com

cj.bernard@sagessolutions.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom