Medical Certificates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jw2013

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm looking to get my Ocean Diver (BSAC) qualification in the coming few months in time for my holiday in Majorca in June.

When looking at local Dive Schools/Companies there, they're asking for a Medical Certificate and say the BSAC Self-Cert is NOT accepted.

Where and how do I get a certificate they'll accept? Is this something I need to see my doctor for or is it something BSAC can issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where and how do I get a certificate they'll accept?
The most likely 'acceptable' medical form would be a RSTC Medical Form. Go online, Google 'RSTC Medical, and you will find links to sites where you can download a copy.

Hi JW2013,

Majorca is a Spanish Island so by law you will have to have your dive medical signed off by a doctor (it's valid for 24 months).

I dive with Dive Academy in Santa Pola and they are a PADI and BSAC centre - the medical forms provided by both agencies are completely acceptable but MUST be signed by a doctor under Spanish law.

You can ask your GP here in the UK but I have been quoted as high as 150 pounds for a dive medical. Best bet is to ask the dive centre that you are visiting if they have a local doctor that they refer to (I would suggest they will!) - you'll then typically pay as little as 25 - 30 Euro and you are covered for 2 years.

I think Spain is the only country that has this requirement - bit of a pain, but C'est la vie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom