Megadive @ Ginnie!!!!!! May 5-7, 2006!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suuuure, you just wanna play with the paddles. :wink:
Naughty gurlie!

Kayaks will be available as long as we can keep tabs on who has em out.

Mardie is good peeps, even better if you have Chardonnay. :D

Assuming this is the date, i should imagine we can go. If it goes later its kind of close to the big knot tying day! Are we planning on taking those spots down by Turkey Roost for camping too and making a community of it, or in the usual spot with only the big BBQ by the river???? Is there more of a mosquito problem near the river (even though its running water) or is it worse at the actual spring as the water is not running (as much) - i will have to study Florida's native bird without getting bitten this time hopefully :wink:

Will keep an eye on the thread and see how it unfolds - however we might certainly make the halloween one this year for the first time in the 3 years SB has been doing it!

Good news, it CAN be pushed back further into May at this point without much of a problem. Bad news is, last year was the LAST forseeable October Megadive. :( It will be combined with the Turkey-day Venice event. This way, a larger event can be created without people having to choose between two separate events. We will be taking over the pavillion and the ENTIRE Turkey Roost Group Camp area for camping at Ginnie in May. I believe May is an empty month for rez until Labor Day weekend.

Simon:
Sure HOPE you can make it.
NOW that some of us can go CAVE diving with ya ...
(nudge , nudge )

Jeano Beano

P.S. Anyone wanna arm-wrestle for one of the stands at Turkey Roost ?

Scubafool helped me make the arrangements for hotel rez, dive ops, transportation to & from site, as well as the liveaboard and surface interval entertainment. THX for all the help!

Here's the info.

Ken,
Maybe you could bump it up
and do it the week before Mother's Day.(5th-7th)
I'm booked to be out of the country
on the week after Mother's Day.
Besides,it wouldn't be same if Simon wasn't there.
Did I mention I was leaving for RoatanHonduras on the 20th?
I sure don't want to miss your event,but it is too late to reschedule vacation.(Airfare and resort already paid for)

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Scubafool helped me make the arrangements for hotel rez, dive ops, transportation to & from site, as well as the liveaboard and surface interval entertainment. THX for all the help!

Here's the info.

I am thrilled that I could be of some small service. What's the purpose of having such a large and inbred family if one cannot use the considerable assets of said family to entertain various friends and dive buddies?

The problem is, the dates the site is available. Once I can come up with the deposit, I'll be in a better position to set a date. If, at the end of March, I haven't dropped the deposit on the TR area, I'll instead look at taking the OLD spot, and we can just take over the pavilion if its NOT reserved. Otherwise, it will be a group of campsites together in an area, as we have done in the past. Not like we aren't experienced at snagging a large area for the event. :wink: Fortunately, we are well known, and I have developed a good relationship with the office. The event will happen in May, most likely the first or second weekend. The closer the time gets, the better we will know our situation.

I can also do that first weekend in May - however only the saturday/sunday part as i will only have worked a few days that week post-Cayman trip at the end of April.... :wink: I am good either way, i am ready to go next year!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom