Megalodons: The Quest for Shark Teeth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My true 6.75 inch meg, that had one root restored. My tooth is 5&3/8 inches wide...Picture is of my tooth on top of the page in Hunting the Hunter with the 7.25 inch tooth. Not far from a 7 inch, dang! I
want a 7 inch tooth sooooooo bad! Restoration services provided by Steve Alter.....fantastic job!

DSC02196.jpg

Holy cow that is a NICE specimen Sharky. I have only held one Meg in my hands that measured over 7". It was at a place called the SC Marine Research Division. An employee there, Carl Naylor, handed it to me for my personal gratification. I looked it over and handed it back. I am told that they are a rare find. Good luck with the quest. Hope you score!

Cool Lee, that is awesome to hold a 7 inch meg! I held one last year that was 7 a friend was selling it for a diver. It was hard to let go of that tooth!!

I hope to do some scuba fossiling this season. My gear is 95% ready. I have purchased some new gear items so that should tell me something about my plans. I have been hunting some local creeks and finding dozens of fossilized baby sharks teeth. Actually some are not babies but they are the smaller of the shark species. I have seen some beautiful pristine 2" teeth come out of these creeks. That is what I am after. I also hope to motor up the Edisto river this season and do some shallow water (2' deep) sifting and screening. There are some huge gravel beds available that had not been hunted much. Have seen some 3" and 4" teeth come from them. Glad the warmer weather is here! Yea!

The edisto and Wilmington, NC are on my bucket list........

DSC02317.jpg

Dive trip last month, 3 tanks....

They are cool! .... Looking at these gives me the "want to dive there feeling"! Thanks
See you topside! John

Thanks everyone! Postem if you gotem cause we can't be underwater all the time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom