Meridian O-ring Specs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlynch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
can you supply a part number or spec for the O-ring that has to be replaced when doing the watch battery? the manual states that the O-ring needs to be replaced but none of the tech's I've asked know what part to get. I'm asking b/c the battery is a standard item available off the shelf, but if I do a battery replacement locally I need to know it is going to stay water tight during a pressure check and not flood.

Are you talking about the Scubapro Meridian, battery replacement already?

Have you tried contacting the manufacture and asking them for spares ????.... My Suunto's and Oceanics came w/spare rings but unless they looked worn, I just carefully remove the old ones w/an 'O' ring pick [or tooth pick], 're-lube' them w/the grease [probably silicone]the manufacture sent in the original box and save the xtra 'O' ring......There's enough grease in that little manufacture's tube to do it 3-4 times if your careful.....I've used Tribo #71 too and it's worked w/o any problems.......The tooth pick is good to use to make sure the ring is completely and properly seated in the groove.......

yep - tried the s-pro techs locally, no dice..so far. posting here in hope s-pro person will let me know.

---------- Post added April 27th, 2012 at 12:42 AM ----------

My battery does not need replacement, yet I also travel a lot so I want to carry a spare o-ring and battery to get it done wherever I'm at. (for instance a trip to India coming up).

I understand that you are looking ahead and wanting to stock spare parts. There appears to be a slight issue in part numbers that is currently being rectified on that o-ring.

thank you - please let me know when it becomes available. the spare is so that I can carry a battery replacement set with me when I travel internationally. So far I've done 20+ dives with the Median and love it.

Hi Rlynch,

Any luck on that o-ring spec? I need one too to keep as spare. Also, do you know what tool I need to open the back cover?

Thanks in advance.

At least you have your Meridian. I am still waiting. Supposed to be at the shop NLT June 8th but it is still MIA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom