Mermet Dog Days: Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had doubles that weekend, but they didn't have nitrox stickers on them :D

There are fewer choices for charters in the fall and winter. I think the only charter that I know of that runs in the winter is the Lender in Milwaukee winter diving

It looks like Cap't Dale is running through November, maybe later

Out of Chicago, the ones I know about are Windy City charters and Dive Chicago

There is also a boat out of Indiana - N'pusuit although I don't know how far into the winter he runs.

I thought I'd throw this out there for those who thinking of attending a DUI Dog Day in the future. I overheard one of the staff on Sunday say there are 150 diver participating in the event on Saturday. I started diving at 9am and finished around 2:30pm and was able to dive 4 different suits, and I definitely took my time between dives. DUI, DAN, and Mermet did an outstanding job. Overall, I thought the whole process was relatively painless and much better than I was expecting from the stories told to me by my LDS. The check-in / check-out process to switch suits could maybe use a bit of streamlining, but with the constant interruptions the staff had to deal with the minor delays were understandable. And although you don't need to be drysuit certified, the experience would be much more enjoyable if you were. Without the dryuit certification you're lead on 25min 40ft dives by a guide whereas if you are certified you can do whatever you want. Although I did notice they asked for no proof of cert. Hmmmm :eyebrow:.

Thanks as well to Tony for offering to buddy up on a babysat dive when he could have done something more interesting.

Fleep - Was that you this weekend with the film SLR and housing?

Jerald-yip, that was me. Did we meet?

Yeah, briefly. Saturday morning I asked about your CF 200 and talked to you for a moment about your camera. You were assembling your camera and having an issue with the lens cap. I was driving the silver Honda Civic right next to where you were setting up.

Back
Top Bottom