Mermet Springs Dive report 8/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsigmund

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, Bill and I dove mermet springs on Sunday. Let me tell you, it was cool air temps and great diving. The visability in the quarry has gotten much better over the last couple of weeks. at platform 2 you could actually see the other side of platform 1. At 60 and 100 feet, the visability was every bit of 50 feet. Water temps were about 75-80 at the surface, 55 at the nose of the plane, thermalcline was at 50 feet. second thermalcline was at roughly 75 feet and the temp dropped to the normal 45-48 at that point.
the extended visability, was helped becasue when we were there there was only one group of students diving. the entire area was pretty empty for such a beautiful day. we showed up at about 10:30 and actually got two spots in the main set of pavillions between the deep dock and the main dock (unheard of at that time of day).
It was a great day of diving. We had three dives and basicly circled the entire quarry. It looks like Mermet is back to its "warm time" again, but the exceptional visability was the highlight. I hope that the Vis sticks around a while...

Rich

Thats awesome.... I am glad to hear that the vis is back up. I really need to get down there some time soon...

Thanks
Phil

Thats awesome.... I am glad to hear that the vis is back up. I really need to get down there some time soon...

Thanks
Phil

We'll be going again this weekend. You are welcome to dive with us. That is if you don't mind diving with guys that still use single al80s :wink:.

We'll be going again this weekend. You are welcome to dive with us. That is if you don't mind diving with guys that still use single al80s :wink:.

I wish that I could this weekend... I have two b-day parites to go to. One on Sat and one on Sun, both of which I have to be at. Thanks for the invite though...

Phil

Thanks for the report! We are taking a bus trip there Sept. 12-14....Im getting more excited every day :D

Short Bus:D

Phil

LOL.... Nah we be taking the big purdy bus dis time boss

If you decide to come on over, I will bring you a case of Stella seeing that Busch was bought out by In Bev :( Im still losing sleep over that takeover :wink:

I wish that I could make it down there that weekend, but of course I have to work. Damn Work!!! Time for a new Job I guess....

Phil

Move up here...I will throw ya $10 an hour :wink:

I would love to live in the Chicago area but I would prefer it not to be in a box on the street corner, or out behind your shop....

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom