Mermet Springs Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blu Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
What a fantastic weekend! The viz was the best that I have seen all year! The surface temp. was in the 80's and 44 degrees at 115'. The viz from the surface to 25' was 10-15' and the thermal was at 30'. Once you got beneath the thermal cline the the clarity opened up to 40'!!! I made a descent down to the 85' platform and from just above the 50' marker you could see the entire 85' platform (all four corners!). It was great to have that kind of visibility! It made navigation that much easier! I didn't see a single catfish, however the spoonbill were very active! On a shallow dive we stopped at the ambulace to watch the schooling spoonbill. As always the Bluegill were active and hungry for some hotdogs! Made a wall dive which was cool to see the sun beaming off the rock wall. The weather was beautiful, a breeze was blowing just enough to keep you from getting too hot! Returning to the surface was relaxing in the tropical warm water, the leaves rustling in wind and the sun shining! It was an all round great weekend at Mermet Springs

I was on fence on whether or not to make the trek down to there this weekend, but you just made up my mind. Thanks for the great report.

Yep I knew I should have gone there instead of the Dive Stop...Bummer :shakehead:

Thinking about heading that way next weekend. How crowded do you think it will be over the holiday weekend?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom