metal detectors ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gez Ward

Registered
Reaction score
I want to buy a metal detector , any thuughts on make type and yes it has to go underwater ,as i need something new to keep me interested. i have zero experience in this matter so any articles that will help also, thanks.

As much as I hate to say this, but try doing a search for "metal detector" here on SB. There is a lot of good info that has been discussed before.

FD

thanks for the reply ,ive seen the posts and its given me enough info to continue my search

I use a Tesoro Tigershark and I Love it...:D...I normally use it in water from 15 to 40 feet but it's rated to over 100. I have found targets 16 inches deep in the sand or muck. It performs in any of the conditions here in PA and I've also used it in the Ocean off Florida

many thanks for the info guys
i am now a proud owner of a Tesoro Tigershark .

I bought one before I was a certified diver and I thought that 25' was sufficient! It is a White's beach master. it is great in the sand and surf but for diving my next one will be either a Minelab Excaliber or a Fisher(don't recall model ). If you want to go deeper those 2 are the ones I would look at. 25' or less the White's is a good machine. Hope this helps.
Butch

Ive Been Detecting For 20 Years And The Best For Underwater Is Mine Lab Excalibur

I've never used, or have seen used, or have spoken to anyone who has ever used, a metal detector. What kinds of things do you guys set out to find (if anything)?...what do you find that you never set out to discover? Are these difficult to use? Very interesting subject, IMO. I know some places where they could pay off bigtime, but wonder how they work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom