Mexico Cave Diving Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTodd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
How much interest would there be in doing a week of cave diving in the Akumal area early next year? Say Feb or March. I don't want to overlap with the Cayman week because I would highly recommend doing that trip. Ocean Frontiers runs a fablous operation.

I hate scheduling trips since it was the bane of my existence in my dive shop monkey days. But, I figured we could gauge the interest and see what we could put together. If there is enough interest, I will talk to the Zero Grav guys about the best times for them and if they can accomodate a group during this time frame.

Suggestions?

I will already be there Feb 1st through the 12th. In my group we have:
One Cave1 student (4-8th) who could use some buddies for her class with Chris
One Cave1 diver (me)
Two Cave2 divers
One Cavern diver (trained by and married to one of the Cave2 gals-not interested in more than cavern).
A Cave1 "maybe coming for a couple days"

If anyone wishes to join us and/or build a larger group, PM me. We are staying at a beach condo in Akumal.

I'm going to be there for two weeks, starting April 21st (assuming I drag the tech pass out of Steve, that is).

How much interest would there be in doing a week of cave diving in the Akumal area early next year? Say Feb or March. I don't want to overlap with the Cayman week because I would highly recommend doing that trip. Ocean Frontiers runs a fablous operation.

I hate scheduling trips since it was the bane of my existence in my dive shop monkey days. But, I figured we could gauge the interest and see what we could put together. If there is enough interest, I will talk to the Zero Grav guys about the best times for them and if they can accomodate a group during this time frame.

Suggestions?

Interested if it's in March.

I will already be there Feb 1st through the 12th. In my group we have:
One Cave1 diver (me)
Two Cave2 divers
One Cavern diver (trained by and married to one of the Cave2 gals-not interested in more than cavern).
A Cave1 "maybe coming for a couple days"

If anyone wishes to join us and/or build a larger group, PM me. We are staying at a beach condo in Akumal.

Make that a Cave 1 definately coming for at least three days.

I will already be there Feb 1st through the 12th. .......

Well isn't that quaint.

We'll be staying at a beach front condo in Akumal Feb 9-16.

Not sure what my plans are yet with respect to cave diving. If it involves a professional guide of course I'd want it to be Zero-G if they are available..............Oh, and I'm not Cave 1 so that might present a problem for some :wink:

My mission is Cave 1 type dives with photography. 2-3 days worth.

Just detailing your post here. I believe it's very possible that my buddy is on that course as well.

I'll give him a heads-up to this post and see what's going on with this class.

Well isn't that quaint.

We'll be staying at a beach front condo in Akumal Feb 9-16.

Not sure what my plans are yet with respect to cave diving. If it involves a professional guide of course I'd want it to be Zero-G if they are available..............Oh, and I'm not Cave 1 so that might present a problem for some :wink:

My mission is Cave 1 type dives with photography. 2-3 days worth.

Meet you at the bar :wink: you Canadians do know something about that eh?

I'll be diving almost everyday, I'd like get into Mayan Blue (a couple times) this trip. Join us :)

We're staying at the La Joya First time we've tried that place. We got 2 units.

I'll be diving almost everyday, I'd like get into Mayan Blue (a couple times) this trip. Join us :)

We're staying at the La Joya First time we've tried that place. We got 2 units.

For big passages, which is what Mayan has, enter at Jailhouse instead. There are two great tunnels there, neither of which is that long. The entrance sucks though (low or no vis) and there is a T at the bottom of the debris cone. I forget what the Cave 1 rules are.

We can see if there is more interest later if everyone already has plans now. I will be there in January and can talk to the Zero G bunch about their schedule and when something could be put together. My original thinking was something more along the lines of diving sites most people have never heard of. A lot of which is really more for the Cave 2 types but there is some great stuff for Cave 1 level dives as well.

Jailhouse is one of the reasons I want Cave2 next summer, cause that's a bit beyond my restricton/vis limits right now. With the rash of thefts and burglaries around Mayan Blue I'm not to keen on going there now, but still really want to see it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom