Mexico Tourism Updates - Post Storm Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

http://www.continental.com/company/wilma_evacuation.asp?SID=3B91C9AF9ED446C1AE0FB34DC2728EB8

Evacuation flights from Cancun and Cozumel
Continental is currently planning to operate evacuation flights from Cancun and Cozumel on Thurs., Oct. 27 2005. The destination for all flights is Houston. Continental will endeavor to give boarding priority to passengers who were previously ticketed on any Continental flight departing from Cancun/Cozumel, although local authorities may enforce alternate boarding priorities. Flights are not reservable and will not display on continental.com. Seats will be assigned by Continental representatives at the Cozumel International airport for the flights departing Cozumel and at the La Salle Institute (Instituto LaSalle) in downtown Cancun for the flights from Cancun International airport.
Flight Schedules

Cancun, Mexico (CUN) to Houston, TX (IAH-Intercontinental)

* CO1945 departs at 2:50 p.m. arrives at 5:05 p.m.
* CO1947 departs at 4:30 p.m. arrives at 6:45 p.m.

Cozumel, Mexico (CZM) to Houston, TX (IAH-Intercontinental)

* CO1941 departs at 1:15 p.m. arrives at 3:30 p.m.
* CO1943 departs at 2:45 p.m. arrives at 5:00 p.m.
* CO1949 departs at 3:45 p.m. arrives at 6:00 p.m.

Also, when I called to reschedule ours from Cozumel to Grand Cayman, they said I had to pay the difference in our airfare to Coz and the price they quoted me on the phone. I had put a flight on a 24 hold just in case. After talking to a couple of different people at Continental, I called back and one of the supervisors answered. She let me change our ticket and use the reservation price I had on hold, only $27 difference. The price they had give me over the phone was about $220 higher. So.... going to Grand Cayman on Saturday and will head back to Cozumel as soon as things get settled down there.

Texas Diver:
Hey Lisa:

I just got off the phone with Continental. There is also an option to take a travel certificate in the amount of your air fare, which is good for a year. This is a good choice if you don't have any idea when you may reschedule your trip. It is the option my wife and I chose.

Thanks for the heads up!

That is what I will most likely do, since I am not sure what to do at this time.

The sticking point for me is Villa Blanca. I have been unable to find out what their policy will be. Orbits says they will act on our behalf to negotiate with hotels, but I can't friggin' get through to their customer service line! So, I don't know if there is a penalty for cancelling or if I'd be out the whole pre-paid reservation.:-/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom