Miami and the keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't know there was so many wreck dives in Miami, thanks!
Miami is underrated as a dive destination, especially if you like wrecks - plus, the majority of the sites are a short boat ride from the dock.

However, so is Palm Beach County diving, which, IMO, has some of the best diving in the state - you can see large fish life on a consistant basis in Jupiter, for example that you mifgt have to travel 1000's of miles to see - the goliath/jewfish and lemon shark aggregations, for example.

I think the reefs in the southern part of PBC, Boynton/Lantana, are the healthiest in the state. Plus, its drift diving so you don't need u/w navigation skills!

So, kit wise. Is it possible to rent CCRs or twinsets?
At Fill Express - likely - in MIA - doubtful - Fill Express is +/- 50 miles north of Miami - an EXCELLENT provider but its not real close to Miami, but you could rent rebreathers there too.

IMHO, not worth it but you have to make the choice

Here you go - from Fill Express' web site

Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Closed Sunday
employees_top.gif
About Us | Fills | Rentals | Retail | Rebreathers | Service | Training | Contact Us
employees_middle.gif
employees_bottom.gif
hdr_lower_top_1.jpg
Home | FAQ | Dive Boats | Reefs/Wrecks | Weather
Rental Dive Equipment

Fill Express™ offers rentals of top-quality sport and technical diving equipment. Our rental equipment is carefully maintained and clean. We can reconfigure equipment to meet your needs.
cylinders.jpg

2008 Pricing for Sport Diving Rentals

ItemPriceDescriptionTransPac™ BC$15Dive Rite® Transpac™ BC & WingCylinder, Aluminum
w/Sport Nitrox Fill$1580 cu. ft. @ 3000 psiCylinder, Steel
w/Sport Nitrox Fill$1580, 100, or 119 cu. ft. @ 3442 psiDive Rite Fins$5Includes S/S Spring Heel StrapsReel and Flag/Float$5 Dive Rite RG2500 octopus$15Includes octo and SPG/depth consoleNitek Duo Dive Computer$15Wrist mount Nitrox computerWeights and belt$5 Wetsuit$5Each piece - shorty or farmerSport Gear Package$45Includes Mask, Fins, BC, octopus reg, wetsuit, and weightsSport cylinder rentals include one FREE fill each day -- your choice of Air or Nitrox. Tech cylinder rental prices do not include gas fill. All cylinders and regulators available with your choice of Yoke or DIN fittings. Rental cylinders are inspected annually, but do not have VIP sticker. 2008 Pricing for Technical Diving Rentals

ItemPriceDescriptionCylinders, Doubles$25Double steel 119s (238 cu. ft. @ 3442 psi) with isolator manifoldCylinder, Single w/H$15Steel 100, 130 or 149 cu. ft. @ 3442 psi with H-valveCylinder, Deco/Stage$15Aluminum 19, 40 or 80 cu. ft. w/strapCylinders, Rebreather Sets$25Oxygen & Diluent, variety of sizes availableReel and Lift Bag$5Orange 100 lb. bag with 150. ft Deco ReelRG2500 Regulator, Doubles Setup$25Includes two 1st & 2nd stages with primary 7ft long hose, SPG, etcRG1200 Regulator, deco$15Includes 2nd stage with 40" hose and compact SPGNiTek He™ Computer$25Dive Rite Nitek HeVR3 Computer$35Delta P VR3 w/Trimix and CCR optionsCanister Light$20Dive Rite Slimline light w/4-hour burn timeeCCR Rebreather$125Dive Rite O2ptima eCCR Rebreather Benefits of renting scuba gear from Fill Express

Fifty % of your total annual rental fees apply to purchases of similar items of new equipment.
Weekly (7 day) rental prices are only five times (5X) the daily price.
You enjoy top-of-the-line, high-performance Dive Rite® equipment.
You rent equipment that is current model, carefully maintained, and clean.
The Fill Express Rental Policy

Customer Satisfaction -- Your complete satisfaction is our goal. If any item you rent from us does not meet your expectations, you are entitled to a full refund or exchange upon its timely return. However, no refunds on unused equipment or for early returns. Reservations -- Advance payment reserves equipment, and reservations are recommended. We gladly accept telephone reservations.
Identification -- You must provide three pieces of valid ID: a driver's license or passport, major credit card, and SCUBA C-card.
Deposit -- You must sign a credit card voucher as a deposit. You are responsible for the full replacement value of any lost equipment and full repair costs for any damage beyond normal wear. When you return the equipment to us in good working order, we return the voucher.
Inspection -- We meticulously maintain our rental equipment. However, please check all equipment before leaving our store. Our liability for incomplete or defective equipment is limited to refund or exchange.
Late Returns -- Equipment returned late is charged additional days of rental. Advance arrangements can be made for day-before pick-up and/or morning-after return.

Thanks guys for all your imput into this thread.

I got to dive what I wanted but it was all way to short. The SG needs a few dives to see her in the full.

I dived with Ocean Divers in Islamorada who were going out to dive the wrecks. I tried a couple of others but they were into picking Lobsters so It was an easy choice.

I met a group of divers who were a great bunch of guys. They had booked to dive the Wrecks and they were led by Kent O Bonde. They made me feel welcome and included me in their group which was fantastic for a guy on his own. i enjoyed their company for two days and made some nice acquaintances.

As it turned out Kent and I had some mutual friends, diving is a small world isn't it?

Hopefully they will visit me in the Red Sea.

Any of you guys heading my way I'm only a PM away.

Thanks again for the help just a pity "Fay" came and spoiled my party.

Regards

Simon TW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom