Miami Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bison

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Fellow SB members. Florida forum is very active and I was wondering if any of you have experience with a new dive shop in Miami. I will be in Miami for a couple days. One day I will be traveling to Key largo but I'll need to spend the rest of my time in Miami. I was looking into Portofino diving academy and they seem to have great reviews. Any feedback would be helpful.

Last edited:
Wanted to give an update to this thread. I contacted Portofino Diving Academy to confirm the planned dive the week prior to my Miami trip. Glad I did since they informed me they were unable to go out on the day I had planned to dive, no reasons given ad I didn't care to ask. I immediately contacted South Beach dive and surf Shop and I was immediate impressed by the young lady on the phone. After a few minutes I was placed on one of the last slots open for the Spiegel Grove. 48 hours prior to my dive I received an e-mail informing me my dive was changed to the Duane. It was all good since I went from the possibility of no diving to actually having a planned dive and I was kept informed of any changes. Overall, South Beach Dive shop was extremely helpful and I had a great time doing two dives on the Duane. I will surely be using these guys in the future.

South Beach Divers, Voted Best Scuba Diving Center in Miami

thanks for the info and update ...glad you had a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom