Micro Adjusters.....anyone bother?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishpie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have just finished servicing 6 Apeks 2nd stages with the plastic inner micro adjuster, 4 of which had lost the logo end cap and another two filled with cruddy salt water.
These things just seem to me to be an unnecessary complication at best and a potential leak at worst and an all round pain in the arse.
My "micro adjustment" consists of adjusting them out/in until flush and then tuning the other end as normal....very slightest of freeflow knob all the way out.
So, apart from having a bit of a rant, does anyone actually micro adjust their regs?

Darn, I was hoping to visit you when I need to micro-adjust mine. :(

On the Apeks and SP with 'Micro Adjusters' I use the orifice only to determine the lever height, the adjustment for the cracking effort I do with the 'Micro Adjuster'.

I find that pretty comfortable, especially in situations when the minimum adjustment is too light.

I can increase cracking effort without loosing lever height, securing optimal poppet seat separation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom