"Mid" masks going extinct?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
No answer to my post here nor an email to the company. Are all the Mid size masks being phased out? The only one I see on the Mares web site anymore is the X-Vision, but no longer the LiquidSkin version. Plus the X-Vision Mid never got any updates the full size ones got. The Mid was never even offered with a black skirt. The new X-Visions look pretty cool, too.

I have trouble supporting a company who never replies via various methods, but the X-Vision Mid is so far the only mask that really fits my face well, yet I like the softer LiquidSkin skirt but want black.

Hi Hazmat,
Sorry I'm / we are so busy, that SB is falling a little lower on the totem pole for me. I'm not sure who or what address you are sending email to, but we would respond if we were getting it. You can forward to me in PM if you'd like.

To answer your question, the new 2014 X-Vision masks have a new frame as well as a new skirt. The new skirt is a little smaller than the previous version, bringing it closer to something that fits a broader range of people. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do.. You may find it fits perfectly, particularly the liquid skin version.

Also the X-Vision mid 2013 and prior mask did and does come in black / black. We still have many in stock.

I hope this helps and thanks for the questions!

BR,
Zak

Thanks for the reply, Zak. I understand it's hard to monitor a site like this. My email was sent to mares@us.mares.com.

Anyway, thanks. I will check out the new X-Vision. I have a pretty narrow face, though, so I doubt it. I know the X-Vision Mid is available in black, but not the LiquidSkin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom