Mid-October with Underwater Explorers - Anyone else??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vfox

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're trying to get a final trip in before the end of the year and have read only great things about Kevin & Underwater Explorers, Boynton Beach.

We've reserved 2 of the morning slots for Sun-Wed, 10/17-10/20. Is anyone from the board thinking 'bout getting out there at the same time?

CRAP, your dates don't work out for us...darn it......

We're trying to get a final trip in before the end of the year and have read only great things about Kevin & Underwater Explorers, Boynton Beach.

We've reserved 2 of the morning slots for Sun-Wed, 10/17-10/20. Is anyone from the board thinking 'bout getting out there at the same time?

I'd probably join you for the Tuesday morning trip on 10/19 as long as we could dive the Castor and a reef :)

Hey, DebbyDiver - Sorry to hear that - we can cross our fingers that maybe something will open up, right?

Hey deepstops - we've never been diving this far north, so we appreciate recommendations from you experts. The Castor looks interesting enough to me (tho we might need to change our tank order to Nitrox afterall). We'll look forward to meeting you !

Sorry vfox, my friend leaves when you arrive. Castor is a must-do and you really should use Nitrox for any Boynton dives if you have that certification.

Sorry vfox, my friend leaves when you arrive. Castor is a must-do and you really should use Nitrox for any Boynton dives if you have that certification.

It's official - Debby has gone from a reluctant convert to an evangelist...

Last edited:
What are the avg. depths there?
Do they allow spearfishing?

There are three wrecks, the Castor (108' max), the Bud Bar (97' max), and the Capt. Tony (85' max). These depths are in the sand and they are typically dove shallower.

Nearly all the reefs are in the 55' to 65' range.

Remember, Divemaster of the Year Kevin Metz will be in the water with you on every dive.
Spearfishing is permitted but I suggest calling Kevin so it's agreed upon beforehand.

Last edited:
ThanX to everyone for the tips & information.

We'll dust off our nitrox c-cards and change our tank order. Now hopefully we'll be able to get enough divers to make it worth Kevin's while to take the boat out.

We really appreciate all the wisdom that is shared on SB !!

ThanX Again !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom