Mid-Sept.... Maui or Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StanleyCup

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
United can get me from Chicago to Honolulu or Maui for under $500 in September, we're going to jump on it and buy today. So where to go?

Mid-Sept, we will land on Monday afternoon, and depart on Friday afternoon; we can go to Maui or Oahu. We'll have 3 days of diving (Tue, Wed, Thu). We've been to Maui a few times but never dove there. We've never been to Oahu. So I'm leaning towards Oahu just to try someplace new, but I am unsure of how relaxing 3 days can be on Oahu, maybe we should just head to Maui.

We like wrecks, good viz (who doesn't) and good variety in our dives. Shore diving is great if entry is not a PITA, navigation is straightforward, and we won't get our rental car broken into. We don't really care for real long boat rides.

Other factors ... the price of diving and accommodation is an issue. I'm booking a cheap airfare and I don't want to drop huge bucks on a hotel room. We like to sleep "clean and cheap". We like beach towns, a bit of laid-back nightlife, a bar and fish tacos by the beach will be just fine, thank you.

We are both AOW with hundreds of dives.

Any thoughts?

Like Gabe said, plenty of good diving here and lots of things to do (especially for a first-timer) during those times that you're dry between dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom