Miflex hose curl?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok so thats the abyss 42. did it come with the miflex hose? i thought they did. i have only had an old stock reg and octo not come with miflex from mares. and none of mine have the curl. let it hang a few days and see. i would like to see a poll of how many people have one with a curl. to me that looks like somebody repacked that in a bunch.

i wonder if that is a defect warranty item?

ok so thats the abyss 42. did it come with the miflex hose? i thought they did. i have only had an old stock reg and octo not come with miflex from mares. and none of mine have the curl. let it hang a few days and see. i would like to see a poll of how many people have one with a curl. to me that looks like somebody repacked that in a bunch.

i wonder if that is a defect warranty item?

I think this particular reg didn't come with the miflex, but he put one on anyways - saw him take it out of the packaging, so I doubt if it's defected. I think it's just brand new, they're curled up in the packages. Maybe this is the difference between Mares superflex hoses and Miflex (as a brand)? I really don't know. I'm hoping it will be fine with some useage

i am almost positive they are the same miflex and superflex

I have a bunch of Miflex hoses and none of them are precurved like that. After use, some of them have developed a bit of a bend now, but not when they were brand new. Even nowadays, they still aren't quite bent/curved that much.

are those Myflex strain relief (hose protectors)? I'm wondering if somehow they may be causing the problem.....

i have an abyss with those hose protectors and superflex hose no curl

I just put miflex hoses on my regulator last week. Mine don't curl like that at all.

I had a kink in my 7' hose from brand new, not nearly as drastic as in your photo. I always assumed that it would just go away on its own, but after a year with no change, I recently started stowing my reg so that the second stage hangs straight down (attempting to straighten the hose) and this has made some difference in it. Mine isn't bad enough that I am considering replacing the hose, but I probably won't buy miflex hoses again because of this issue.

are those Myflex strain relief (hose protectors)? I'm wondering if somehow they may be causing the problem.....

The Miflex hoses are actual pliable braided hoses. They're not hose protectors that slip on the outside of the rubber hoses.

Also, there are some Chinese (Taiwanese) knockoffs with different color schemes and probably 30% cheaper too. I know that some people are using these knockoffs but I don't quite trust them for my own usage. They do have some super cool color schemes though.

The Miflex hoses are actual pliable braided hoses. They're not hose protectors that slip on the outside of the rubber hoses.

Also, there are some Chinese (Taiwanese) knockoffs with different color schemes and probably 30% cheaper too. I know that some people are using these knockoffs but I don't quite trust them for my own usage. They do have some super cool color schemes though.

He is referring to the actual hose protector/strain relief, not the braiding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom