miflex hoses for Oceanic Delta 4 & CDX 5 reg set?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingkiwi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

this is my 1st post to scuba board so please be kind!

I have an Oceanic CDX 5 & Delta 4 reg set and am thinking about getting different hoses to make it lighter and more comfortable to use and better for travel. Can miflex type braided hoses be used on this gear, as a guy I work with converted his regs over, but had to remove the swiveling ball and socket joint of his Delta 4 reg as he said the hoses weren't compatable.

Is there a way around this...?

Thanx

The Oceanic Delta 4 uses a bigger hose fitting on the special stage. requiring a bigger hose fitting.

like this one ------->
OC-40-2120-060-2T.jpg

If you wanted to, you could always use an adapter fitting to make it fit a standard hose. Of course some see that as adding a potential failure point.

or just a standard generic fitting. But I can't remember the size of the Oceanic, (1/2" ,etc).

Hose Adapter - 1/2" Male to 3/8" Female
IS-HO-0401-1.jpg

EDIT: just noticed you were in Australia.... check your local shop first before ordering this stuff and not knowing if it is an exact fit or not.

I understood that the change to different "body" threads happened with the EOS. The license agreement on use of the swivel supposedly mandates only one reg in the Oceanic line could use the swivel.

You can no longer get the replacement swivel hose for a Delta 4 from Oceanic (even though they must have a bunch), you get the piece from a Delta 8 that screws into the "body" threads (?) and you get the normal non swivel hose.

Either way there are the same number of failure points (2); the body threads and the swivel or the body threads and the hose coupling threads.

Who made and sold the Delta 4 long hose's w/swivels...

If any body has a stock Delta 4 swivel hose that is just chillin' in the parts bin, I'm always looking... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom