migraine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've heard people getting off sugars and carbs and feeling much better -- including migraines. I know of several people who have virtually given up carbs, and not only do they lose weight, but feel tremendously better with much greater energy levels.
People who suffer from diabetes and hypogycemia feel the benefits the most. A few days before I dive, I abondon carbs of any sort (sugar, breads, potatos, etc.) and eat a high protein diet for very long term energy levels. I believe they call it the Atkins Diet -- a book that can be found in most good book stores. I've only briefly skimmed through it, and I don't recall if he acknowledges migraines in the book.

Mike

As I started this thread I wanted to know how will be my migraine influenced by diving. Now I can answere my question. I do not have so many attacks as before, and diving helps to prevent the migraine. I did not have any serious attack during a diving-tour. Is it possible, that the nitrogen influences my brain-tissues, or is it a psychological placebo-effect?

Interesting query!

The answer from here is that no one knows for sure and probably never will as it would be almost impossible to do good studies to determine such a possibility.

This might correlate with the serendipitous finding of benefit from prolonged anesthesia - anesthesia possibly a form of inert gas narcosis.

Glad your original question was answered! Sometimes the first question does not have a chance as the thread is lost in the discussion!:jester:

Best regards for safe diving!

scubadoc :doctor:
DiveMed/TFS Newsletter
http://www.scuba-doc.com/sbscrb.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom