Mike Veitch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TCDiver1

Ductus Exemplo
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Congrats Mike on getting featured in this months Alert Diver! I'm assuming that's you. :wink:

Wow thank you very much!

Just skimming along the topics and "BAM" there is my name...

and here i was thinking i was in trouble for something i said about BP/Ws (Jepuskar thats for you!)

Thanks for noticing, i look forward to seeing it in print myself. :)

Best,
Mike

Mike Veitch:
and here i was thinking i was in trouble for something i said about BP/Ws

Nope, never happen from me. Your not the only one who still dives "Poodle" when appropriate. :wink:

Nice feature though. The mug shot they used would make a nice avatar by the way.

Haha, I try and stay away from the Kudos section..but I noticed Mike's name and was like...ok, this guy is just all over the place so what now.... :)

Mike, I really do think a BP/W is necessary for the level of photography you are in.....if you position your strobes just right some light will reflect off your backplate onto your subject in such a way that more award winning shots are in your future.

Here is an example..I dive BP/W and look at this awesome photo I took just over the weekend at my local quarry....

Later on that same day, in the same quarry....after changing into my recreational BC..look at this photo...

I know your well schooled in fish identification, but this one is called Ropus Twistatieus in case you didnt already know.

It's obvious what the BETTER choice is.

:crafty:

Dang, morays in quarries? I have got to come dive the Chicago area!

You achieved fantastic DOF and sharpness on that tough to come by twistatieus, nicely exposed and very even lighting as well....great leading lines and fine usage of the rule of thirds with a nice blackground to isolate your main subject...Kudos on a brilliant capture!!!
:)

I might be a little late..by congrats Mike!

Back
Top Bottom