mild swimmers ear - to dive or not to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi Lise.
I know this thread is old, but it's the closest thing I found.
I'm currently in the exact same position you have been in 6 years ago except I am in Thailand and my diving trip hasn't started yet, I have a mild summer's ear from swimming.
I was givin a Thai version of the same ear drop
I am under the impression that you kept on diving.
if so, can you please tell me some details.
I'm very worried because I'm a sound engineer
thanks

Hi rayan obd

Follow @DocVikingo (post #5) advice. Swimmer’s ear is a skin infection of the ear canal and as such does not carry the same risk that diving with a middle ear infection does.

Hi rayan obd

Follow @DocVikingo (post #5) advice. Swimmer’s ear is a skin infection of the ear canal and as such does not carry the same risk that diving with a middle ear infection does.

thank you uncfnp,
I did actually read the post by the doc and it is very helpful
I just wanted to hear from someone who actually did dive with otitis externa to feel more comfortable
cheers

so after excessive search I decided to go on my diving live aboard tour with my otitis externa using the antibiotic ear drop.
it didn't work, I could not equalize and I ended up snorkelling then i cut my trip short.
but apparently it's not the same for everybody some people do manage to equalize and dive safely with swimmer's ear and some don't.
Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom