Milford Sound Photos - NZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeevz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Went down to Fiordland with a friend to do some diving a week or so ago.
Dove with Descend Scuba Diving who were great.

Here are a few photos from the trip.

IMG_4535-L.jpg
IMG_4532-L.jpg
IMG_4544-L.jpg
IMG_4545-L.jpg
IMG_4557-L.jpg
IMG_4572-L.jpg
IMG_4531-L.jpg
IMG_4560-L.jpg

Thanks for looking
Any comments/critiques are much appreciated

I used to work in Milford back when the only dive center was called Tawaki Dive. Dave and Sarah did 10-odd years and then gave it away. Real hard work but cracking area to be diving in. I'd be interested in the dive site names if you remember/logged them. The new shop may have different names but...

The Triangle was a nice first dive with a huge 5m wide tree of black coral at 18m- on a lucky day you'd get a sea dragon in there. On the northern side was another site close to Seal Rock with Jason Mirabilis nudis and the odd Warty Slug nudi. Seahorses could be found on the southern arm- the northern arm had a lot of (sometimes) huuuuuge crayfish.

The spiny sea dragon was always a great find- often in 6-8m in Harrison Cove.

Getting back to your shots... nice ones with the sea perch- you can see your reflection in their eyes! Snake star is great too- the striped ones are pretty rare. I would try to get a photo with black coral, a diver with a torch: this really brings out the 'atmosphere' of diving in Fiordland.

Thanks for posting- brings back good memories

Great!
We dived the northern side. I can't remember the dive site names but none of those names ring any bells (quite possibly were the same spots though) - we were out near the end of the fjord.

Wish we saw spiny sea dragons! I was on the lookout. Yeah When I got down there I sort of regretted having the macro lens because I felt I was missing getting shots of black coral trees and 'the atmosphere' as you say. But I am sure I will head back there at some point because it was amazing.

Back
Top Bottom