Millbrook - Oct 9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again for the tip about the bungie, it looks like it will work better than the velcro strap - I also found out while rinsing the bladder that if I just pull on the inflator tube I can let air out where the tube meets the wing. Would have been nice to know - but I'm not sure that this method of deflation will lend to small adjustments in buoyancy (heck, my buoyancy control during my checkout dives was better than it was today).

As far as the JetFins go - they are great. During my cert dives the DMs tried to talk me out of them, telling me they were "too slow." True, they probably aren't as fast as a pair of splits, but who needs speed? They ARE more efficient- during those dives I would take about one kick for every two of a person wearing splits. They lend to a long, powerful stroke, which I like. I got them at ScubaHut in Glen Burnie (about 25 minutes north of Annapolis, probably ~1hr 30 min for you). I think most ScubaPro dealers carry them, but if you can't find one nearby, you could order a set from LP for $65 (I was wearing XL for my size 12 feet and soft boots). If you want to try them first, you can try mine if we get a chance to go diving again.

Anyhoo, thanks again for the diving - and as far as going again, I'll pretty much go anytime, just let me know.

-Nick

Back
Top Bottom