Millbrook, Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lone Wolf

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Corrine and I will be at Millbrook Sunday. Our last dive here for the official season!! Anyone coming out? See you there!!

Sorry, I'll be 'working' the DUI rally at Lake Rawlings.

BTW, what's this strange 'diving season' of which you speak? Does all the water dry up? :D

Sorry, I'll be 'working' the DUI rally at Lake Rawlings.

BTW, what's this strange 'diving season' of which you speak? Does all the water dry up? :D

They close the quarry on 11-15 for the season. Except for once a month chilly willy dives. So, while the water is still there, they will not let you in it!! We will be in Florida for two weeks, and will miss the last dive of the year on the 15th. I have never seen the albino catfish, interesting. And we are going to Florida, just not flying.

I am planning on being there on Sunday.

See you there!!

Its been about three years since I have been diving in Millbrook but I logged about 40 dives there over the course of a summer and we saw a big old white albino cat fish a number of times. He was to big for anything else in the quarry to have eaten so I assume he must still be there, would be cool if someone could get a picture of him so he stopped being like the lock ness monster that people see but no one can prove it.

Maybe not - there are a lot of fishermen who sneak in during the week.

Well, we had a great day at Millbrook. We saw a lot of friends we hadn't seen in a while. Did some diving, and had a burger with the group. We did 2 dives, Corrine, Jeremy,Larry, and I. Then I did one solo dive. Vis wasn't as good as last week, but still 30' plus in most places. Good Friends, Good diving. A great day!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom