Milwaukee Shipwreck on the History Channel Monday Night, March 6th!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The railroad car ferry Milwaukee will be featured on “Deep Sea Detectives” on the History Channel on Monday evening, 3/6/06 at 8pm Eastern time. According to
charter captain Bill Prince, John Chatterton and company dove from his boat to explore and video this program.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are not aware of this, Deep Sea Detectives filmed the Milwaukee Car Ferry off my boat last season. below is some info on that you may wish too pass on to other club divers.

On the History Channel

Deep Sea Detectives Monday March 6, 9 - 10 PM Central Time / 9 - 10 Eastern

Train Wreck in Lake Michigan.

Railroad car ferries were thought to be some of the safest vessels on the Great Lakes, built to withstand ice and waves year round. But on October 22nd, 1929, the SS Milwaukee sailed into a Force-9 Gale and disappeared. Was it foolishness on the part of the ship's captain, Robert "Heavy Weather" McKay? Or was he ordered to sail by the railroad company? Was there a design flaw with the ship itself? Or was there a conspiracy to cover up unsafe business practices? Our hosts, veteran divers John Chatterton and Richie Kohler, using cutting-edge technology, fascinating underwater footage, and expert interviews, compare the official post-accident investigation with the wreck itself, and possibly rewrite history. cc

http://www.historychannel.com/global/listings/listings_weekly.jsp?NetwCode=THC&timezone=1 History Channel Link..

Cool, thx Paula. Although my Direct Tv schedule is showing it sceduled for 10:00 pm EST.

Oops! on the time. I cut and pasted the info from an email. Someday I'll get to see the show. That is when I decide I want / need more than rabbit ears for reception.

Paula

Back
Top Bottom