Mine La Motte -- Oct. 27 Work Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saturday eh?

tentatively count me in, but if work beckons I will not be able to make it.
I'll have a better idea mid week.

hows that for commitment?!

yah, what about that damn boat bsig?? that quarry is too dark and murky below 25' to find NEthing. mehbe we could drag for it? Sting has some wicked lifting magnets that might work, and I bet he has some good suggestions for finding it from the topside. did you say that you had seen it once or only that you have heard about it?
Also I'll have my own tanks so don worry bout me....
We should all consider what it would take to get Kenny the Caretaker certified-I'd be willing to chip in. Maybe BSigmund's friend mike can help us with a good deal nudge nudge :)

flafla fleep

Well, we could use my sonar for finding the bigger items. We definately need a boat out there since I can not get my dive boat in the main quarry as we all seen. Suggestions - me - no way.
If it's lot uw I can find it. and if it's in the way I can move it. I think I head that somewhere by some salvage expert. he he.

No luck in finding the boat. I know the general area (20 sq. meters). If we have a few people this saturday, we can run a search and get it. Can you guys bring an old boat fender and some rope to mark it. I will find it again Saturday no matter what.

Thanks,
Bill Sigmund

BSIGMUND.. any luck on the locating the boat?

Ahh yes a good search pattern. I believe that is something ResQDiver and I are very familiar with. Fenders and rope are covered. I've got them.

So what is the count:

ResQDiver - Chris
Stingray1 - me
bsigmund
Mike
Fleep ???

Anyone else?

Tanks? Chris and I have plenty to get us by. All else fails we have surface supplied air.

I am working on Saturday on a house my father in law is building. Sunday I'll be fixing up my own damn house. I am still up for mapping the cavern areas the weekend after that, though...
Chris- Are you available either Nov 3 or Nov 4?

I could probably be up for a run down there on the 4th. I have to work late on the 3rd and I do not think that I have anything on the 4th. If you guys are going to be down there let me know and I will try to show up too...

Have a good one this weekend and stay safe...

Phil

OK... Im up for the 4th also.. please speak up now for the 4th as well...
maybe this weekend since were shy a few players we will just search for Schtuff and mark it..
Save the collection of the sacred cans for the next run. I have struck out on bags so far as well. that would even give me a few extra days to get em.

Thanks guys..

I'm out of town on the weekends of the 3rd-4th and again on the 9th, 10th and 11th for some extra medical and misc. training. I believe that I am out again on the weekend of the 17th and 18th for PSI cylinder inspection training. Haven't gotten a firm date on that as of yet. Nov. is simply going to be a busy one for me. And during this same time next year I will probably be doing my Dive Con training unless, I can get it done during my slower period in the summer.

Chris - nice logo, dude, I'm ready to order my t-shirts!

I'm up for the Nov. 4th outing if I can share a car with Fleep. Fleep?

Also, I have some gifts for Kenny K. that I purchased (about $50 worth of guitar stuff - two long patch cables, strings, picks, etc.).

I was planning to give them to him myself, but I would be willing to let the club share in the cost and the benefits if people think that is a good idea.

Did anybody get the map from Steve?

I will let you know for sure about the 4th on Mon. I am pretty sure that I will be able to make it, just not exactly sure what I have going on around here. It is going to be getting chilly. I will check with my contact about getting some bags. I will also make sure that I can bring the trailer down if we are going to need it. The trailer is my dads but I am sure that it should be fine.

If you do a can dive this weekend just ask Kenny if you can leave them there hiding somewhere, then I can bring them back with me the following weekend unless someone there this weekend will have a pickup there.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom