Mine LaMotte Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would make sure that you have a hood and gloves as well. If the bottom is in the mid 50's that will be pretty cold on bare skin. We would love to have all the help we can get. You could still go to Mermet on Sun if you like. It will not be nearly as crazy down there on Sun.

Phil

I probably have enough extra gear to give you a complete set or just about everything. Let me know what you need, and what size you take. I have a (couple) spare regs, computer, XL BC, XL fins. My wetsuits probably won't fit you. I'm 6'6" 204#. Feed me and we'll call it even :wink:

I post-poned my salvage dives for a couple of days. So I will be there as well for at least a dive or two. I don't like abondoning ship since I help spur this thing. My partner talked to the gate keeper yesterday afternoon and informed him approximately how many will be showing up to dive. He likes to take off on the weekends since the summer crowd is done.

Glad to have everyone on board. Thanks.

Attendance List:
Skdvr - Phil
B1gcountry
Stingray1
fleep ?
rsigmund
bsigmund
ResqDiver
Jawsa1

I just took the ? off of Stingray1.

I am glad to hear that you will be able to make it.

See you then.

Phil

My wife isn't too happy with me right now though since I post poned my working trip. I think that it stems from the fact that I just charged a few grand in upgrades for my surface supplied air equipment and haven't even done my scheduled dives yet. Oh well she'll hate me today and love me tomorrow.:D

I'll certainly be there though.

Attendance List:
Skdvr - Phil
B1gcountry
Stingray1 - Norm
fleep ?
rsigmund
bsigmund
ResqDiver - Chris
Jawsa1
Murdrcycle?

Anyone else?

If anyone has a last minute change in plans and can not make it please give me a call and let me know so that we are not waiting at the gate for you. I believe my partner posted 10:30 at the gate.
I will have to head out early in the afternoon for my working dives. ResQDiver will be the last to leave making sure everyone is accounted for. I believe that we will have an emergency Trauma kit w/oxygen on hand there as well just in-case. I'd rather be safe then sorry. I believe that we are covered on tanks as well. Sounds like my partner has us covered on the clean up bags.

Just a thought. How many have cave reels and surface markers/lift bags? I'm thinking that is we bring these and we stumble upon a attraction (mining equip) that it will be easier to attach a reel to a surface marker and shoot it to the surface and leave the reel attached to the item below. We can then come back later that day and place a bouy and permanent line down to the attraction. It would certainly make it easier to relocate the attraction. Unless of course you have an underwater gps unit.:rofl3:

Many thanks to everyone planning on showing up.

Questions about entrance fees? PM me for details.

Norm

I have one reel with 150ft of line that I just use for my float and I will bring that with me and then I have 2 or 3 spools with 100ft (I think). I will bring at least one 50lbs liftbag and one 50lbs SMB, and I will try to get another 50lbs liftbag from a buddy of mine. Both of the liftbags and SMB are closed on the bottom so no worries about deflating.

This morning I was looking for my mesh bags and I cannot find them but hopefully they will turn up before next week. I too and trying to get somemore bags from the conservation dept. I sent them an email Friday and got no response so I will try giving them a call next week and see if I can get anything.

Phil

Great. The dept. of Conservation can be a little slow sometimes. Plus, it always helps to know how to talk to them. Stay on top of them. Perserverence almost always prevails.

I've got half a dozen markers I can bring with. They're small, but work for this kinda stuff. I'll also bring some spools and a lift bag.

I have a few laundry soap jugs (Thanks for the idea Bill) Im bringin those and a crap load of mesh bags for trash. Dammm is it the 13th yet??!!!!

This is great to have such enormous interest in turning the Offsets into a really nice site. I have 2 aluminum 80s. Does anyone have an extra tank I can borrow or should I rent an additional one as I want to make at least three dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom