Minehead wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

some clips from the mine head wrecks, 10.8 miles, 11,8, 12.9 and 14.9.
https://youtu.be/uPdNrrm_s7k
I hope your not going to be upset by what i say but your doing your efforts a disservice by posting an unedited video with not captions or explanations of what it is or what were looking at - Im sure it means something to you but fro everyone else its very uninspiring. A 2 minute video with some text and explanations would have made it watchable

I hope your not going to be upset by what i say but your doing your efforts a disservice by posting an unedited video with not captions or explanations of what it is or what were looking at - Im sure it means something to you but fro everyone else its very uninspiring. A 2 minute video with some text and explanations would have made it watchable
Unknown wrecks, I know nothing about them.

Agree, I was getting seasick. Have a look at any TV show, camera stays in one spot and does not move all over the place. It may occasionally follow a person or car, but rarely. You will get much better reviews by staying in the one spot, video for 5 seconds, stop. In the finally edit, you only need 2 to 4 seconds of a shot unless it is exceptional. Again, watch a TV show or even a documentary.

Assuming this is off Minehead in the Bristol Chanel?

I saw what looked like portholes, so these aren't dived much! Rivets corroded away, boilers, propshaft, nasty looking net and a mooring bollard.

My guess if location is where I'm thinking is WW1 era merchant vessels. Reminds me of the Persier wreck off South Devon.

Assuming this is off Minehead in the Bristol Chanel?

I saw what looked like portholes, so these aren't dived much! Rivets corroded away, boilers, propshaft, nasty looking net and a mooring bollard.

My guess if location is where I'm thinking is WW1 era merchant vessels. Reminds me of the Persier wreck off South Devon.
Celtic sea, south east of Minehead, Waterford. South of Ireland.

My need was to cover ground and record landmarks for future diving in the very short bottom time I had, 72m to 78m searching for the minesweeper Lavander.

Please take this as constructive criticism to help you improve, because I think you are doing cool things, but could tell the story in a more compelling way.

The footage you have isn't bad, but it is really missing context. Tell people where you are (generally), and what you are diving on. If you don't know, emphasize the mystery aspect of it. Tell the story of how you learned about these wrecks, the journey to get to them, the dangers of diving them, etc.

Your footage would also benefit from some music. One of the members on here (I apologize I am on my phone and don't have his user ID or website) puts out some very good royalty free music for video production. Remember, your choice of music should tell the viewer what they are supposed to be feeling about what they are watching, without detracting from the video itself. Should they be excited? Nervous? Relaxed?

YouTube's statistics show that most people only watch the first 30 seconds or less of a video, so that is how much time you have to convince them your video is worth their time.

Feel free to reach out if you want ideas or resources.

Your footage would also benefit from some music.
I may be in the minority, but I tend to turn off the sound when I watch dive videos. I find "mood music" distracting. It's background noise to me. Narration, on the other hand, would be great, but few do that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom