Mini Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hgroberts

Reaction score
I did search for this, but most of the post had links that no longer worked so...........

Hi Guys, I was wondering if any of you knew about any of the deaths resulting from this years mini season(I know it was a month ago).

I was at Sea Camp during mini season, and the staff talked about 6 scuba related deaths.

If any one has more info about all six incidents as I only know of these

1. Non-Certified diver comes to surface and isn't breathing (I heard the mayday call for this one)
2. And3. Diver washes ashore after dive at ledge line (just west of looe key), buddy is missing.
4. Diver surfaces and is run over by his own boat

If any one knows of the other two I would like to know, and more details on the ones listed, especially #4

and when I say mini season were talking lobster

hgroberts:
4. Diver surfaces and is run over by his own boat

There were a couple of prop hits over mini-season, don't remember anyone's deaths from the prop hits. What town are you looking at for info?

the entire keys, I knew that all but #4 took part near big pine

and # 4 was near islamorada

Those are the only ones I know about in the keys. There were a couple other incidents around the state though.

Rachel

I think this is the one you are talking about.

Officials said a 23-foot boat ran over a 59-year-old man near Marathon. He suffered external wounds and was taken to Vaca Key for treatment.

Apparently, a diver, once he was in the water, the boat he had just came off of backed up and the propeller sliced part of his leg," said Lewis Diaz of the U.S. Coast Guard.

The accident happened at about 7 a.m., just hours after the mini-season began at 12:01 a.m.

http://www.nbc6.net/news/9577095/detail.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom