Miniature bronze sculpture by Rick geib

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Geib

Reaction score
This is a bronze sculpture by Rick Geib (me) of two spotted eagle rays spiraling upwards among an abstract coral structure. The piece is exactly twelve inches high including base. The sculpture is mounted on black marble and black walnut with a lazy susan inset. This bronze is a limited edition of ninety five and has been hand assembled and patinaed by me (the artist) personally. Great efforts were taken by the artist to ensure that the finest quality in craftsmanship and composition balance from a 360 view are displayed in this work.The small size and exquisite detail make it perfect as desktop decor for a lover of sealife. This piece has been specially requested for The Hilliard Society of Miniaturists ,art show in England in 2008. Ascension has also been selected to be shown at the First annual Art of Conservation art show at the Hiram Blauvelt museum in New York this fall. For more information my web address is Rick Geib - Member of the Artists for Conservation Foundation The special price im posting this at for scuba board is $500.00 plus $20 shipping (flat rate) E-mail at Fluidbronze@yahoo.com or see this on ebay or my website. Check out the jewelry as well!

Attachments

• IMG_4393.jpg
    IMG_4393.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4400.jpg
    IMG_4400.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4399.jpg
    IMG_4399.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
This sculpture by Rick Geib depicts a fantasy style Orca playing in a patch of kelp materializing from a starfish form. All work is preformed by myself , from sculpting to metalwork and patina at my home studio. This delicate piece is one of a limited edition of 95. Its small size and exacting craftsmanship make it perfect as desktop or yachting decor . "Kelp Dreams" (8 inches tall) has been selected to three juried miniature art shows to date, including the Royal Society of Miniaturists show (whose selection standards for detail and quality are unsurpassed) this October. This piece is what I created while recalling a surreal personal encounter with a lone Orca while working in southeast Alaska. For more information please visit my website at http://www.natureartists.com/rick_geib.asp.Special price of this piece is $450.00 plus $20.00 shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_4401.jpg
    IMG_4401.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4406.jpg
    IMG_4406.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4407.jpg
    IMG_4407.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 64
Giant Squid pendant is sculpted and hand finished by Rick Geib in his home studio. This piece contains one ounce of silver and has ruby eyes (sapphire eyes shown in picture and may be substituted upon request). Silver rope chain is not included in the sale price but may be purchased for an additional $30.00. Price for this piece is $150.00 plus $5.00 shipping. For more information please visit my website at http://www.natureartists.com/rick_geib.asp

Attachments

• IMG_6962.jpg
    IMG_6962.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 209
This tiny octopus charm/pendant by Rick Geib can comfortably sit atop a penny to display its great detail. Hand sculpted finished and signed by myself in my home studio.Price is $40.00 silver rope chain not included but may be purchased for an additional $30.00. For more information and art please visit Rick Geib - Member of the Artists for Conservation Foundation

Attachments

• IMG_6981.jpg
    IMG_6981.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6979.jpg
    IMG_6979.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 56
This limited edition bronze by Rick Geib is assembled and patinaed by the artist and is mounted on black marble. It is a limited edition of 95. "Conflicting Interests" depicts a mother dolphin with her baby guarding the youngster from its own dangerous curiosity. A mother octopus defends a clutch of eggs hidden behind a coral structure resembling a human hand. This bronze won first place in sculpture and scrimshaw at the 33rd annual Miniature Art Society of Florida art show in February 2008. Conflicting interests has also been shown in England at the Hilliard Society of Miniaturists annual juried show in 2008 and has been selected to be shown at the Royal Society of Miniaturists in 2008 (also in England) The selection into these prestigious miniature shows is a testament to the exacting craftsmanship and artistry of the sculpts.The small scale makes it perfect as desktop decor. Bronze is six inches high by seven inches long by three inches wide, special price of $450.00 plus $20 shipping For more information please visit Rick Geib - Member of the Artists for Conservation Foundation

Attachments

• IMG_4409.jpg
    IMG_4409.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4410.jpg
    IMG_4410.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4412.jpg
    IMG_4412.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 53
Bloom depicts a Thrasher shark suspended mid motion dancing through coral and abstracted seaweed. This bronze by Rick Geib has been hand sculpted and finished by the artist and is mounted on black marble. Bloom is a limited edition of 95. This very dynamic piece is about the joy of breaking free and taking some chances with reality. The small scale and exquisite detail make it perfect for desktop decor . It has been selected and shown in three miniature shows in 2008 including the Royal Society of Miniaturists in England The Hilliard Society of miniaturists and the Miniature Art Society of Florida. The acceptance obtained by the miniature arts community whose standards for excellence are very high, is a testament to the exacting craftsmanship and artistry of the work. Sculpt is six inches high by five inches long by four inches wide. Price is $450.00 plus $20.00 shipping. for more information please visit Rick Geib - Member of the Artists for Conservation Foundation

Attachments

• IMG_4417.jpg
    IMG_4417.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4418.jpg
    IMG_4418.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4423.jpg
    IMG_4423.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Beautiful work. Love the Eagle Rays.

Good to see you left for sunnier and warmer places - I'm hoping for FL someday. $500.00 is a great price for those eagle rays, but I'm an artist too, and this economy is getting scarier.

Maybe we can trade, who knows.

See my work here:Architectural Glass Design | Changing Color Glass | Dichroic Glass for the color changing glass that I invented and sculpture made with it. Will be making nudibranchs soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom