Miri, Sarawak Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oil rig diving is fun and lots of big stuff, as the watr is warmer underneath and the fishes love it!!! Along the structure, you'll also find lots of macro stuff.....but the deeper down you go at Siwa platform, it gets more silty and scary!!!!

Miri still has one commercial diver operator attached to a local hotel....so is pricey!!!!

Let me know if any of you intend to dive in Miri and I can hook you up with another dive operator friend who can take you out for a fraction of the cost. But timing can be crucial.

Email me at : p_layong1@hotpop.com

Next year Q2 or Q3, I am planning either Maldives, Manado or Sipadan, so if anybody is interested, let's plan together to make up the numbers......and get to know each other along the way.

HI guys,

I m pretty new to diving, only started abt 2 years ago. I have been reading your messages on Miri, and i m going over there for some work (2 weeks), so hope to squeeze in some time for dives.

My last trip there, the one and only dive operators there charges rm425 for ONE dive (plus equipment). I also checked that the Piasau Boat Club charges rm80 for 2 dives, but you need to be a member. There is not much choice else for diving, except to go for the ONE dive operator.

Anyone can provide other dive operators / contacts for diving?

The Operator Name is Tropical Dives connected to Seridan Mulu.

http://www.tropical-dives.com/

Talk to Gracie or Voo.

There are nearby dive sites about 15 min away.

Most are 45 min to 1 hour away by fast boat.

The further out you are the less river run off effect you get.

davidlkh:
The Operator Name is Tropical Dives connected to Seridan Mulu.

http://www.tropical-dives.com/

Talk to Gracie or Voo.

There are nearby dive sites about 15 min away.

Most are 45 min to 1 hour away by fast boat.

The further out you are the less river run off effect you get.

Hmm....I think the RM425 per dive is the same operator as this one. I think it used to be called Scuba Sarawak and then it was affiliated to Seridan Mulu. You are right there, though.....no good options for dive operators (eventhough I know of another but his boat is laid up at the moment, so no use). It is almost towards the end of the dive season in Miri, anyway, so could be a touch-n-go thing.

thanks kawabunga & david...yeah, its seridan mulu. have met voo before, but dun think i can afford to do more than 2 dives with that price. was thinking of doing more dives there. guess i might change my trip to dive in tioman early nov. just got a first set of regulator (Apeks TX50 & secondary TX40) and raring to test it out....

thanx again guys.

Scuba Sarawak is no more there. Mike has left the operations and Voo started off with a new company called Tropical Dives.

BlueRay:
thanks kawabunga & david...yeah, its seridan mulu. have met voo before, but dun think i can afford to do more than 2 dives with that price. was thinking of doing more dives there. guess i might change my trip to dive in tioman early nov. just got a first set of regulator (Apeks TX50 & secondary TX40) and raring to test it out....

thanx again guys.

Blue Ray. How much did your set of Apeks set you back by? Which dealer?

BlueRay:

thanx again guys.

Ray,

It is now monsoon season, you may want to double check before you go to Tioman.

As for RM425?! for ONE dive? Woooowwww.... WAY TOO MUCH $$$$.. I'm in the wrong business. Gotta go to Miri to open a dive shop.

fishnchips:
Ray,

It is now monsoon season, you may want to double check before you go to Tioman.

As for RM425?! for ONE dive? Woooowwww.... WAY TOO MUCH $$$$.. I'm in the wrong business. Gotta go to Miri to open a dive shop.

They serve caviar and champaign with this dive right????? :wink:

Tim Wong:
They serve caviar and champaign with this dive right????? :wink:

Hey guys,

Back from work in Miri. Din manage to do any dives. However, there is a boat club there - Piasau Boat Club which dives every weekend for RM40 per 2 dives, but u need to be a registered member. Chat with some guys there and they mentioned that Miri dive is excellent. Shd be diving there on my next visit.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom