mirrorless cameras which one is best for U/W pic taking ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Gregor,

In the next three weeks several new mirrorless cameras will be announced in advance of the coming Photokina show. Olympus will have replacement cameras in the PEN line and Sony will also have new cameras and lenses. I would guess that a new PEN housing may also be release with the new PEN cameras.

The best in class as an overall system at this time has got to be the Olympus E-M5 with the Nauticam NA-EM5 housing, New lower housing price of $1350.00 v. past mirrorless housings from Nauticam and still the best selection of lenses for underwater use.

This gives you two price points, the Olympus PEN cameras with Olympus housing or the E-M5 with Nauticam housing. If your main goal is video a new Panasonic GH-3 should coming as well which will use all the M43 lenses and likely get a housing from someone.

Phil Rudin

As I decided to switch over to the E-M5 and housing, I'm selling my E-PL3 and PT-EP05L underwater case if one is interested. All you have to add is a lens.
Slightly used less than one year old, the housing has only 10 dives, nothing wrong with it.
the housing and port are listed here in Scuba forum http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...housing-olympus-e-pl3-zen-9-18-dome-port.html
Camera I'm asking $300
Or buy ALL E-PL3 body, Olympus PT-EP05L housing and ZEN WA-100 9-18mm Dome Port for $1000.

Back
Top Bottom