Mission Marine LDS/diverswholesale.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firedogut

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought 2 wetsuits from a LDS, Mission Marine, in BC Canada. I bought from them because my LDS that sells Bare Wetsuits told me it would take up to 8 days to get the wetsuits. They are a Bare dealer but they don’t carry any in stock.
I placed my order from Mission Marine around last Wednesday. I told them that I needed the wetsuits by this coming weekend (2-28) for a few dives I was planning on doing. They told me no problem. Well it turns out that one of the wetsuits I needed was out of stock and they had to order it from Bare. Well they didn’t get the wetsuit from bare until last night (2-24). This was not Missions Marines fault; it was a delay on Bare’s side. Once I found this out I started to ask about my different shipping options. UPS 2 day Air from Canada was $107, 3 Day air was something like $70. Only 2 day air would get it to Austin by Friday. The gentleman that was helping me knew I needed them by Friday so he offered to pay more then half the shipping fees.
Not only did this show me that they cared about their customers but that they wanted my repeat business. With out a doubt I would recommend them to anyone.
Not only because of the shipping but because there prices were $65.00 cheaper then my LDS. I saved $130 on the two wetsuits.

Mission Marine can be found at http://www.diverswholesale.com

Cool, I've been waiting to see if anyone on SB had a review on that shop. I haven't personally been there, but I definitely plan to buy some gear from them. In my area they are basically as cheap for me to buy gear as LP. (Partly cus when I buy from LP there's shipping and so on). I mean for this shop it's only an hour drive or so from Vancouver, so I can do the "shipping" myself.

For those in the Vancouver area especially, take note...An LDS with really good prices. They deal with Zeagle, Oceanic, Suunto amoung other's mainly. However, I asked if they carried Apeks and they said, they could get it in. Not bad at all for an LDS, have heard other good things about them.

They carry Suunto but can't get Apeks regs in???? That sounds a little strange, no??? Those two brands are part of the same company.
Their Bare prices are very good though... they seem to be making almost NO money on each item!! They came up in an earlier thread regarding their dry suit prices.

No, I said they carry suunto and they don't carry apeks, but they can get it in. Here is the excerpt from an e-mail they sent me.
"We do not stock the Apeks Reg's but are able to order them in. If you are able to give me a part number or discription I would be happy to get you a price."

here is their number
(877) 820 2256 or (604) 826-0425

they are open Tues-Sat 9AM-6PM i think.....

hmmmm I emailed them about pricing on apeks regs a while back.......never responded though.....

divinglife:
They carry Suunto but can't get Apeks regs in???? That sounds a little strange, no??? Those two brands are part of the same company.

No, they're not even close to being the same company, actually.

In the United States, Suunto is DISTRIBUTED by Aqualung, which also distributes Apeks. But in Canada, Aqualung does not have the distributorship. Therefore, Apeks (which is British) and Suunto (Finnish) are independent of each other.

Just FYI.

I bought my Suunto Dive computer from Mission Marine last year when they were an authorized Suunto dealer.

The unit was in need of service, a call was placed to Mission Marine and I was directed to return the unit to them for serivce - Jan 4.

They received the unit - copy of signature available.

All phones are disconnected, no replies to faxes or mail, no longer a PADI member.

Regards

Jeff Thorne

firedogut:
I bought 2 wetsuits from a LDS, Mission Marine, in BC Canada. I bought from them because my LDS that sells Bare Wetsuits told me it would take up to 8 days to get the wetsuits. They are a Bare dealer but they don’t carry any in stock.
I placed my order from Mission Marine around last Wednesday. I told them that I needed the wetsuits by this coming weekend (2-28) for a few dives I was planning on doing. They told me no problem. Well it turns out that one of the wetsuits I needed was out of stock and they had to order it from Bare. Well they didn’t get the wetsuit from bare until last night (2-24). This was not Missions Marines fault; it was a delay on Bare’s side. Once I found this out I started to ask about my different shipping options. UPS 2 day Air from Canada was $107, 3 Day air was something like $70. Only 2 day air would get it to Austin by Friday. The gentleman that was helping me knew I needed them by Friday so he offered to pay more then half the shipping fees.
Not only did this show me that they cared about their customers but that they wanted my repeat business. With out a doubt I would recommend them to anyone.
Not only because of the shipping but because there prices were $65.00 cheaper then my LDS. I saved $130 on the two wetsuits.

Mission Marine can be found at http://www.diverswholesale.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom