Missive from Lisarow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colbar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings fellow boarders, my name is Col, I am 59 years old and I live on the Central Coast of NSW Australia, about 40 miles north of Sydney. I have been diving since 1968, when I trained as a diver in the UK's Royal Navy. Three of my four kids have been or are divers, whilst my wife takes the attitude "I dont go in the oceans so sharks dont come in my pool". I have dived all around the world - UK, the Med, the Caribbean, San Diego, Hawaii, New Guinea, the Solomons, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Thailand, Bali and of course OZ. Funny but I have not had the inclination to dive the GBR. Diving in my location is very weather dependent with three large river systems within 100kms of each other which can really affect the viz after heavy rain, but as the saying goes - we are only in training for THAT overseas dive trip.

Keep yer Spot Wet

Col

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

a HUGE welcome to ScubaBoard. Hope you enjoy the list!

Welcome!

I can almost feel summer coming, reading your post from Down Under. (Picturing shrimp sizzling on the barbie.)

Winter here.

Interesting that you didn't feel inclined to dive the GBR. You must have some pretty decent local diving, even if it's spotty because of the river run-off.

Or maybe you just like getting away from home for your trips. That can be more interesting, for sure.

Dave C

hello bud and welcome to the board from the old country

Welcome to Scubaboard. It is good to have you with us. There and a ton of divers in this forum. I have had the pleasure of meeting many of them and diving together. Many of the divers are from your general area. Enjoy.

Guys, thanks for the welcome. Yes the GBR - well the fact is its cheaper to go to the Solomons or Vanuatu, and almost as close. Generally we get reasonable conditions here on the Central Coast allowing about 20/25 diving weekends a year, best viz is usually in February then later in our winter -Jul/Aug when the westerlies blow and the Humpbacks and Southern Right Whales are heading north along our coast. We have a selection of divable wrecks generally in about 30 to 50 metres depth and enough sites, including shark habitats to keep the average Joe Diver interested.

G day Col,

great to see another coastie around the place, I do hope you enjoy it here.

Yes we have some good diving around here but you know even after diving different parts of the world there is nothing like coming home, going for a dive in the Haven and then a bbq on the beach watching the sunset over Terrigal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom