Mixing Cam Bands and STA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As long as they fit through the cut outs I don’t see why not. Cam straps can be had much cheaper however if you’re wanting SP go with it.

You will have to unthread the buckle side as the non-buckle side has a metal ring on it. These can be a hassle to change tank sizes with but otherwise are pretty solid. Why do you want this older type of latch?

You will have to unthread the buckle side as the non-buckle side has a metal ring on it.

When did they change from a velcro fold to hold the ring?

Why do you want this older type of latch?

Because they are an excellent rock solid closure.... (I have SP branded and knock-offs...)

Originals date to the late 80's, and newly purchased knock-offs from DGX are less than 3-4 years old...

When did they change from a velcro fold to hold the ring?
Because they are an excellent rock solid closure.... (I have SP branded and knock-offs...)
I think this is the type that pinches the tail between the band and the tank. So you can't just pull the tail tighter as you go to clamp it. You undo the clasp, guess how much tighter to snug the tail then try to reclamp it. I think - I might be wrong on these compared to the old one in my garage. They are a rock solid closure just have always been fiddly to me.

Hello,

Mix and match question here. Do you good people see any reason these ScubaPro cam bands can't be used with this Dive Rite STA?

Thanks.

--
David

Your profile picture looks like a shot from the Bus at the White quarry.

Back
Top Bottom