MK11 with S560

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
One of our divers has just purchased a Scubapro MK11 with an S560. Postage to where we live is complicated to say the least but he ordered this for delivery to the UK from a company in Italy and then had someone bring it out to him.

Somewhere in the information there is a statement to the effect that the S560 is not certified for use with the MK11. Is this really an issue please.

The supplier have offered him something in exchange but getting it back there and getting the replacement out is again a circuitous route.

Thanks for your help in advance

I am a SP repair tech & use SP regulators,.... I am not really refuting what you may have read about it. I can not really see why using a S560 can not paired with an MK11. The S560 is essentially an S600 (guts- wise) without all the flashy chrome work.Typically the S560 is typically paired with an MK21. You may not quite be able to quite get the ease of breathing (minimal difference at best) that you may get using an MK21 or an MK25 first stage. I've seen much more "odd couple" 1st stage & 2nd stage combinations & they worked fine. The only thing I can think of is the 1st & 2nd stages would have to be a separate part of the same order & the serial #'s may (& most likely) will be different. I could be off base, but logic would say that they should work together.

Somewhere in the information there is a statement to the effect that the S560 is not certified for use with the MK11. Is this really an issue please.

Yes or no depending on what you do with it. If you need CE certification for legal reasons then it could be an issue (instructing for money for example). If you just dive with it then, no - no issue. (Incidentally the CE certification for regulators is invalidated by adding an octopus for virtually every reg on the market.)

I have a Mk11 1st stage with an Oceanic 2nd as my regular stage setup.

Yes or no depending on what you do with it. If you need CE certification for legal reasons then it could be an issue (instructing for money for example). If you just dive with it then, no - no issue. (Incidentally the CE certification for regulators is invalidated by adding an octopus for virtually every reg on the market.)

I have a Mk11 1st stage with an Oceanic 2nd as my regular stage setup.

So, my MK-17 & 156 is "out of bounds"? Glad CE is not an issue here.....

I was just looking at the manual ScubaPro supplies with their regs. I believe he was looking at the CE certified page. The S560 is just not on there as a combo available with the MK11. You can not order that as a combo from the factory. (In USA anyway) Therefore it was not submitted to get the CE rating. But it does not say you can not combine them. There is nothing that says you can't put an S600 on a MK2 for example.

.... as said above, explain that if in litigation....

In all of my years of diving and working at a dive shop I have rarely seen a regulator match that doesn't work together. Obviously putting a high end 2nd stage on a low end 1st stage like the S600 to the MK2 is going to cost you some of the potential performance but just like in this case with the S560 and the MK11 it wouldn't be an issue at all. I say go for it.

SCUBAPRO allows dealers to sell whatever reg combo they want. That is why you can buy them individually. BOOM!

Of course you can pair an S560 with an MK11. Why wouldn't you be able to? As the above poster said, if they were incompatible, they wouldn't be sold separately.

Back
Top Bottom