MK15/20/25/19 How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G260 has a micro adjuster. I actually like them. Were you thinking G250/V?

Well, I was assuming that the G260 replaced the G250V....but, I guess not, eh?

I have rebuilt G250s and they are a breeze....but discontinued. The S600 is not terrible but there is a bit of extra steps that may not be as necessary. I get the micro-adjuster can compensate for different springs...but how often does one replace their springs normally??

Yeah, some pics coming after the holidays.
Would a free Zoom Seminar on just this reg be of interest to anyone besides Andrew?
I'd be very interested! I've recently picked up a few Mk17 regs and service kits but have not opened on up yet.

Count me in for it.

James

While polishing the volcano in the Mk19 will probably be as necessary as it was in the 17, as air zips around the corner from the tank, sandblasting the edge, it's much easier than on the Mk25.

Service is indeed easier, but you need the $35 UWATEC quik-disconnect tool to torque the HP chamber correctly. Otherwise, as you said, a piece of cake. The other Mk17/19 diaphragm clamp tool is also very helpful.

Would a free Zoom Seminar on just this reg be of interest to anyone besides Andrew?

+1 with appreciation.

While polishing the volcano in the Mk19 will probably be as necessary as it was in the 17, as air zips around the corner from the tank, sandblasting the edge, it's much easier than on the Mk25.

Service is indeed easier, but you need the $35 UWATEC quik-disconnect tool to torque the HP chamber correctly. Otherwise, as you said, a piece of cake. The other Mk17/19 diaphragm clamp tool is also very helpful.

Count me in as well!

Of course Robert. I only have/use/service Mk11s so that would be great. Thanks

Okay, give me a few weeks to get into the New Year and get a couple of regs disassembled. I loaned one to a friend for a trip to Bonaire, but he's due back soon.
We can talk about why SP thinks this one's even better than the 17, what it does well (flow, cold water handling, and IP match with the seal), and what it doesn't do as well.
Your wife can even come watch while I take out a volcano and polish it. :rofl3:

Okay, give me a few weeks to get into the New Year and get a couple of regs disassembled. I loaned one to a friend for a trip to Bonaire, but he's due back soon.
We can talk about why SP thinks this one's even better than the 17, what it does well (flow, cold water handling, and IP match with the seal), and what it doesn't do as well.
Your wife can even come watch while I take out a volcano and polish it. :rofl3:

AWESOME!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom