Mk15 Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sulaco

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purchase 2 tanks for a MK15? I've looked all over google and can't find them anywhere.

Thanks

I have no idea where to purchase the 19 cu.ft. steel flasks that were used in the CCR1000 and like civilian models. The 21 cu.ft. Inconnel flasks are made by Tavco in CA and require a minimum order of 50, the last price I heard were $1,050. each. Hence the frequent problem to source them.

Your best bet will be one of the three major suppliers of MK series parts:
Steam Machines in TN, Divematics in CA and Juergensen Marine in PA.

If all of these fail, the former distributer of Carleton for Australia is still building MK15.5 on special order. The name of the company is Colkan and you can find (or ask for) the contact in the rebreather forum at Dive-Oz. Several of Colkan's customers are board members there.

When Steam Machines moved to TN last year I loaded about 20 of the Inconnels, so they are probably your best bet. All three of the suppliers are at Beneath The Sea this weekend, and Divematics will move next week, so give it a few days for SMI and a few more for Divematics to get back to their offices.

Thanks

I contacted Steam and they have some left, very limited supply.

caveseeker7:
I have no idea where to purchase the 19 cu.ft. steel flasks that were used in the CCR1000 and like civilian models. The 21 cu.ft. Inconnel flasks are made by Tavco in CA and require a minimum order of 50, the last price I heard were $1,050. each. Hence the frequent problem to source them.

Your best bet will be one of the three major suppliers of MK series parts:
Steam Machines in TN, Divematics in CA and Juergensen Marine in PA.

If all of these fail, the former distributer of Carleton for Australia is still building MK15.5 on special order. The name of the company is Colkan and you can find (or ask for) the contact in the rebreather forum at Dive-Oz. Several of Colkan's customers are board members there.

When Steam Machines moved to TN last year I loaded about 20 of the Inconnels, so they are probably your best bet. All three of the suppliers are at Beneath The Sea this weekend, and Divematics will move next week, so give it a few days for SMI and a few more for Divematics to get back to their offices.

oxyhacker:
Get 'em while you can!

If that eBay dude really has 24 brand new Mk15s to sell, minus the spheres, the price of spheres may skyrocket.

I'll have to wait and see :crafty: .........have a set just hanging around right now :wink:

Back
Top Bottom