MK19 Evo -- Not available in DIN with G260?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ski_Lounge

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Putting together a doubles kit with MK19 + G260. ScubaPro's website does not offer it in the DIN configuration (nor does Scuba.com). Is this... some subtle way for ScubaPro to pressure folks to buy the MK25 instead?

Is the D420 a worthy replacement choice in lieu of the G260? See Scuba.com is offering MK19 + D420 for... *checks again*... $630. Seems like quite the deal. What am I missing?

Options matrix shows it is a valid configuration.

Order from Europe. $511 and they’ll even throw in a free R195 octo. You can have a full doubles and two singles setups for under $1100 shipped. You might get hit with another $90 fees for customs clearance depending on how the shipment is coded. I don’t have an LDS to support , so I’ve got no qualms ordering online.

Order from Europe. $511 and they’ll even throw in a free R195 octo. You can have a full doubles and two singles setups for under $1100 shipped. You might get hit with another $90 fees for customs clearance depending on how the shipment is coded. I don’t have an LDS to support , so I’ve got no qualms ordering online.

How much will shipping cost?

Also, the changeover from yoke to DIN is a relatively minor feat. The SP kit can be found for around $45-50.

Also, the changeover from yoke to DIN is a relatively minor feat. The SP kit can be found for around $45-50.
One can just order DIN. No need to buy yoke.

How much will shipping cost?
$74 for 2 sets. 7-10 days shipping time. Might be cheaper if buying only one. There is a non-zero chance that the shipper will charge an additional $88 for duty and customs clearance. This happens sometimes, but not always. I have not done this enough
to predict probability. Worst case scenario is $1185 for 2 complete Mk19 evo/g260/r195 sets.

I’m all for supporting local dive shops, but I don’t support SPs US distribution system which adds massive additional costs. I feel the same way about Shimano bike components.

There is a non-zero chance that the shipper will charge an additional $88 for duty and customs clearance. This happens sometimes, but not always. I have not done this enough to predict probability. Worst case scenario is $1185 for 2 complete Mk19 evo/g260/r195 sets.
NOTE: There is NO duty/import fee for watersports equipment coming into the USA under our tariff regulations.

If charged one by vendor, get it refunded back. They're just pocketing it as extra profit - lagniappe - or they're too stupid to properly declare the stuff in which case, their bad; they should eat the cost, not the buyer.

A great price if they will ship it to the USA

I would buy in yoke and get the amazingly cheap SP DIN conversion from Amazon and convert it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom