Mk25/S600/R390

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kckskh

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, i have the above regulators and i'm currently diving in the tropical region. However, in the coming September, i will be studying in UK, to be specific, Uni of Newcastle Upon Tyne, will the above regs do me fine? Also wondering if i can wear 2 wetsuits..1 3mm S Tek and perhaps another 5mm or 7mm 1 size bigger wetsuit over the first with hood or something..is that good enough for cold water diving? Intending to dive bout twice a month in uk since i will be there for 3-4 yrs. Any inputs?

I have the same regs as you and use them in the UK all year round. No probs at all with free flow. As for suits, the great majority wear drysuits. So do I so I can't comment on whether your 2 wetsuits would do. I imagine you would be chilly out of the water in them. Temp gets to about 14 centigrade in summer and is down to about 6 at the moment (in the water!). Gets marginally warmer on land (though not always very much - in the last month or so, water has been warmer than land).

Hope this helps

verona:
I have the same regs as you and use them in the UK all year round. No probs at all with free flow. As for suits, the great majority wear drysuits. So do I so I can't comment on whether your 2 wetsuits would do. I imagine you would be chilly out of the water in them. Temp gets to about 14 centigrade in summer and is down to about 6 at the moment (in the water!). Gets marginally warmer on land (though not always very much - in the last month or so, water has been warmer than land).

Hope this helps

Hi, does your centigrade refer to Degree Celcius? Sorry that i'm not familiar with the terms used in UK yet. By the way, can i just check with you how much does it usually cost for 2 dives in terms of GBP? I have my own regs/bcs and stuff but no weightbelts and tanks. Do i need to rent them or is it provided free when i sign up with a dive centre for trips? My country(singapore) provides tanks and weights for free. Also, will a semi dry suit be sufficient?

I would second the comments already given that your regs will be fine for diving in UK waters. I dive the same set in the Northwest US in temperatures down to 37F (fresh water) and have never had a problem with them. I have read anecdotes of the MK25 freezing in cold water due to its open piston design, but I have not experienced this with mine. As long as your equipment is in good shape and has been serviced regularly, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom