MK25 Squeaking After Recent Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A friend of mine recently had MK25/S600s setup serviced. Now the 1st stage squeaks when she inhales. She says it (both the S600s) breaths good even at 100+ fsw...just the 1st stage squeaks.

The IP is 138-141 psi depending upon which gauge, we use.

Anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks.

~Oldbear~

@Oldbear

Michael:

The guys in the DIY section would have an answer for you. In the SP forum, you will get the answer of "take it in to an authorized service center"....

wife's rig is doing the same thing after the last round with the 'authorized service center'. mk25/s600/s195, does it on maybe half the dives.

talked to the gear whisperer at the other shop, and she said its either one of the support bushings need to be trimmed before assembly with an older service kit, or they were installed upside down / dry or the piston shims are fluttering. not the end of the world, but super annoying. take it back and have em tear it down again.

Piston needs lube. Easy fix.

Most likely there wasn't enough lubricant used in the bushings. Hence, I agree with James R.

I've had that happen when the bushings needed replacing. Generally it's insufficient lube on the piston O-ring.

Most likely not enough lube on the bushings and o-ring. If that is not the case simply rotating the hp seat 180 degrees can sometimes aliviate the problem. But be sure to reassemble in the appropriate order using correct torque specs. Not an uncommon issue but properly better off to let the shop that serviced it correct the problem.

Thanks guys...very helpful.
I was thinking it might be an under lubed piston but needed to ask the smart guys.

Back
Top Bottom