MK25 yoke to din?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dnh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm trying to change my MK25 yoke to din. I'm pretty handy. Seems pretty straightforward after watching a few YouTube videos. Do I need anything else besides the converter kit? Is there any need for O2 grease on the O rings? Or is it a really bad idea for me to do it, and should I just take it to my LDS and let them do it?

You need a vice and 1st stage holding tool hold the regulator tight. A large crescent wrench that is big enough to fit over the yoke nut. A 4 & 6mm allen wrench to tighen up the Din. Ideally a torque wrench with a 6mm fitting.

If you don't have that stuff just go to a dive shop. It is a five minute job.

I'm trying to change my MK25 yoke to din. I'm pretty handy. Seems pretty straightforward after watching a few YouTube videos. Do I need anything else besides the converter kit? Is there any need for O2 grease on the O rings? Or is it a really bad idea for me to do it, and should I just take it to my LDS and let them do it?
I just did mine about a week back. I purchased the correct socket to fit inside the yoke from scubatools.com. I think you will mar it all up using a wrench. I wish I had the torque wrenches needed but I did it without.

I just did mine about a week back. I purchased the correct socket to fit inside the yoke from scubatools.com. I think you will mar it all up using a wrench. I wish I had the torque wrenches needed but I did it without.
Did you use any O2 grease for the O rings?

Did you use any O2 grease for the O rings?
I am certain you are going to get better advice from the techs that are on here but there are two O-rings in the kit but you only use the smaller one. The larger O-ring if for an MK2. I put a tiny bit of Christo-Lube on my index finger and thumb and rubbed it on the O-ring. It will be nice to hear from the techs if that is correct. If you are just doing this one time it may be easier to have the shop do the job. The stupid socket was $28 plus shipping when I purchased it. I purchased it to go back and forth with the backup MK25.

A vice with a leather glove padding the reg works better IMO than a reg holding tool to torque the inlet. Why subject the port threads to the load when the reg body can do it.

@JoeTPhilly yell if you ever need to torque stuff, I'm pretty well fully stocked for diy service now.

A vice with a leather glove padding the reg works better IMO than a reg holding tool to torque the inlet. Why subject the port threads to the load when the reg body can do it.

@JoeTPhilly yell if you ever need to torque stuff, I'm pretty well fully stocked for diy service now.
Yeah, I didn't use one of those holding tools. I just set the MK25 on my padded carpet floor, put a pad on top of it and just held it down with my foot while using the socket. Having the proper socket made it easy.

Yeah, I didn't use one of those holding tools. I just set the MK25 on my padded carpet floor, put a pad on top of it and just held it down with my foot while using the socket. Having the proper socket made it easy.
Just did that to pop of my HOG D3 yoke, changing it back to DIN. Went in the vice for torqueing though ...

After seeing this thread and thinking about the lack of torque wrench I remembered the luggage scale hack I heard was on scubaboard. I used rsingler's method in post 5 in the thread below to tighten the 6mm and 4mm nuts. Thanks rsingler!

Thanks for the help. The luggage hack is a really good idea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom