Mo2vation JANUARY 27, '07 Boat Dive planning thread - Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca:
Are they doubles friendly?

They are doubles friendly. If it’s a full boat you'll be a little squished but you'll be fine.

I'm glad you a Nils can make it down for this.

Oh, yeah, I look forward to meeting you, Ben!

Ben_ca:
Okey I'm in....
I'll figure out later if I bring my doubles and/or the scooter :)

about an hour per dive (we're cramming 4 in a day) and the dive sites are generally really shallow... like average 35 - 40 feet.

Your call, but schlepping all that gear for the guppy diving we usually do on the Peace seems kinda brutal.

PLUS - on the Peace, if you're not there SUPER early, you're gearing up on the deck, as the bench space is very limited.

Doubles on the deck, also brutal. Maybe you can gear up in the bow...

Unless you charter the Peace and are able to pick different sites, or unless your there to practice with the twins, your dubs will be a waste. We dive 130s on this boat and still come back with mad gas after an hour dive at Anacapa.

---
Ken

I'll bring down a hp 100 single....Hopefully I can get a bunch more of the Nor Cal crew to come on down but there's some of the gang doing fundies that weekend...

Ben_ca:
I'll bring down a hp 100 single....Hopefully I can get a bunch more of the Nor Cal crew to come on down but there's some of the gang doing fundies that weekend...
Sounds good. I usually bring a single HP100, or, if I'm feeling my oats, an HP119 (esp if we're hitting more advanced sites). We may hit some slightly deeper sites than Ken is indicating, although I don't know the itinerary, but looking over my logs, my Anacapa dives from the Peace have all either been in the 35-45' range or the 50-60' range, about half and half of each. Santa Cruz and San Miguel both offer deeper and more advanced dives than Anacapa, based solely on the relatively limited number of dives I've done at each.

(Oil rigs are a whole different beast... the San Miguel/Oil Rig Grace 2-day trips from the Peace are amazing!)

Ben_ca:

No need to schlep a tank, bro. I got plenty.

I got 100's and 130's broken down into single tanks - take your pick.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
No need to schlep a tank, bro. I got plenty.

I got 100's and 130's broken down into single tanks - take your pick.

---
Ken

I have an extra 130 I can throw into the pile

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom