Moby Trilaminate drysuite repair - seams coming up.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, long time no post.

I've just hopped back into diving after a 5-year hiatus and I'm trying to get my drysuit back online... it's always been a 'damp suit' but I'm determined to end that (Oh, BTW, if you leave your drysuit hanging in the garage for a year and a half at the end of that 5-year period, your latex seals may melt and drip all over the suit). I replaced my seals last weekish, and did a test dive! it flooded.
:banghead:
I re-pressure tested, and it looks like the seam tape along the zipper is coming up. I've found a few other places as well, just not as bad (aquasealed). This would take a whole tube of aquaseal to repair and I'm wondering if there isn't something more appropriate??

I'm hoping for something available at big-box stores... I'm thinking like a pool-float repair kit since both are PVC? Although, the zipper is rubber I suppose. Or, should I pull up the tape, clean it off, put it back on with the neoprene contact cement and aquaseal the edges?

thanks for the help!! The water is getting cold and I want to play among the kelp.

You're gonna need a caulking gun full to fix that suit - E-6000/E-6100 Adhesives : TAP Plastics. Pull the seam tape up, clean with MEK, and basically cover EVERY seem in the suit with this stuff.

Seriously though, it might be time to evaluate the "Good Money After Bad" rule for that suit.....

NO! I will not give in!!!!! Maybe I can sell a new suit as a present for when I make candidacy. Kelp dive tomorrow if you want to come down!

Back
Top Bottom